I hate Otis Redding and most of the state of California

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

clay

I hate Otis Redding and most of the state of California

Post by clay »

I took my son to see the Rangers play the Giants on the 30th and they won the game 4 to 2 it was grand and was our first world series. We came home and had high hopes for more wins but our dreams have been dashed on the rocks like a rotting tomato thrown by a lefthander.

We both take pride in the fact that we can now say that we went to the first world series game ever played in the state of Texas, that we saw the first and only Texas team ever win a game in the world series and that it may be 50 years before it happens again..

FYI if you ever get the itch to see a world series you will probably have to buy your tickets from one of the ticket outlets and the price will be incredible as the game gets closer. I bought 4 seats about 20 rows up behind the Rangers Dug Out the day they beat Tampa to make it to the ALCS championship. The Tickets at box office price were $250 ea. but I paid $1,022 ea. from BoxOffice Seating, The Rangers beat the Yankees so I posted two Tickets on the Rangers "tickets for sale" web page at $3,000 OBO by October 27th - I got 427 offers and sold them for $4,680 ea. The guy wired the money and I FedEx tickets, we are both happy but guess what the seats were right next to mine so by the start of the second inning no one is sitting in them so my son and I spread out a little and I move into one of the seats. Start of the 3rd inning and two guys show up to claim the seats so I say "I’m Clay I sold you the seats", The guy looks at me like I’m crazy and says "we just picked up these tickets from a guy on ballpark way for a small fortune. I ask him how much and he says 7 LARGE ea.

Buy early and buy plenty - sell late
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Stupid is as stupid does....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
randall

Post by randall »

hey...sorry for your loss.....not. (hell, i'm a mets fan)

my friends and i went to see david cone (my favorite pitcher after of course...sandy) pitch for the yankees in the world series at the stadium. we park the cars and as we are walking to the stadium what do we find on the ground but......six perfectly good tickets. since there were 20 of us and we all had tickets we turned em in . the ticket agent probably resold em and pocketed the $$. but you never know.

the prices then were less than a hundred.

my favorite thing about the series was this kid buster posey. keep an eye on him!!