Boat transport.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

litecatch

Boat transport.

Post by litecatch »

Been awhile since i have posted on here (my buddy sold his 31 "Trashy Woman") but i am still moored next to "Jaded Lady"!! if that counts for something! Oh yea, "Short Circuit has my old 250 Cummins in her!! Good job Doug!!
With all that said i have a question for you guys. I am looking at a 1973 36' Hatteras convertible. What my question is, can it be transported on a low boy without removing the flybridge. I know the hard top will have to come off. I saw pictures of a 36 delivered to Tony Athen's place on a trailer and it still had the flybridge on it. I don't know how far away the boat was when brought to Seaboard Marine. Thanks guys!! Capt. Scott
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

What I know is that the magic measurement from the ground is 13 1/2 feet and not an inch more.
litecatch

Post by litecatch »

well the boat is in Texas (at the mexican boarder) and i am in Pensacola Florida. I was hoping ya'll might have a friend with one or have seen one trucked with the flybridge on it.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

I've seen a 45 Hat trailered on US A1A in Florida with the flybridge on, but windscreen removed...

If the boat is out of the water it'll be simple arithmatic to get the keel to flybridge distance, then the various transporters can let you know if their lowboys are low enough.
Brianb

Post by Brianb »

Generally lowboys are not as low riding as trasport trailers. My transport trailer can go as low as 4" off the pavement for the blocks supporting the keel. Most lowboys, will have a deck that is at least 16" off the pavement that the keel will sit on with some 2" blocks thrown in.

I have used Atlantic transport, guys name is Bob, for moving in the opposite direction. He has nice equipment and is very professional.

Brian
Kurt

Post by Kurt »

Having to check in at DOT stations with the oversized load papers makes it hard. Hauled many loads of cars all over the southeast at 13'10" to 14'. Just have to know where you're going. Trees, bridges, etc...not forgiving at all.