Lots of unmarked switches

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JWells1191

Lots of unmarked switches

Post by JWells1191 »

New B25 owner here. Sorting out all the stuff I need to fix, and I still haven't even gotten anything in the boat to show signs of life except for the engines (2 x Merc 165 I/O's) cranking over. I have 3 pull switches along side each ignition switch. What do they go to? Of course any lables they had fell off a decade or two ago. I'm open to any suggestions to what they should connect to.

Any idea where the bilge blower would be mounted? I haven't found one, and it may be missing, but I want to look in the right place. This boat has been out of service for a while and has never been updated. It still has the flush overboard head installed, and plumbed to put it over the side. I know that needs to come out.

I'm hoping to have it ready for some light sea trials in the lake in about a month, and then fix the rest of it while I'm using it.

Many thanks,
Jim
B25 Express Cruzr
Georgia
randall

Post by randall »

my b25 still has the original wiring. the blower switch is the most starboard lower switch on the lower helm. nearest the window. you can always trace the wiring. you might find a lot of dead ends from no longer connected applications. i had two large garbage cans full of dead wire when i was done. and all that was added on by previous owners. thank god they left all the original stuff intact.