Its Randall !!!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Brewster Minton

Its Randall !!!

Post by Brewster Minton »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z12pEG2aAeA?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z12pEG2aAeA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
randall

Post by randall »

looks like "ruggles" in rhode island. bigger than any wave i ever rode. even in hawaii.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Life is not a spectator sport.
randall

Post by randall »

sometimes it is if you want it to continue.
"when in doubt ...don't paddlle out" its happened a few times.
gplume

Post by gplume »

Not sure where it is....but not Ruggles. Check the floundering boats out....pretty sick.

So Randall where have you been lately?
Giff
randall

Post by randall »

surted the point a few times, a few of the coves, the best medium size ditch ive seen in 45 years (2 foot overhead and loooooooooooong fast walls) and my favorite...head high gardiners island with a handful of guys out. best 3 week 3 swell warm water run i can remember.

rainy and 2 foot today however. i was so stoked after that day at ditch i bought a new board.

ive never seen ruggles just gussed based on the architecture an size of the wave.

what about you?
gplume

Post by gplume »

"Meaty, Beaty Big and Bouncy" ...thats been the story of the last few swells. One of the best early fall runs I can remember. More coming tomorow. Almost all that i have caught have had a side component that makes it all very intersting as in bouncy. My favorite spot, I thnk a similar swell angle to ditch plains, Matunuck has been just plain fireing.

Want to getin on one of thos gardinar island trips some day.....hopefully a Bertram Rendevous will line up with a swell one of these years.
Giff
randall

Post by randall »

ditch is pretty amazing in its ability to attract waves. any angle that will hit can work although a south east gives the longest lines. and its all about long.

until it gets large with lots of water moving around its pretty soft. perfect for old farts an long boards. moving east from there it gets a lot more sporty.
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Boy, that was great. I just got back from San Diego and the waves were no where as big. I figured the waves at 3 meters judging from the guys out there.

Again, great action, Randall!
A/K/A El Gaupo