FISH TANK

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

lore

FISH TANK

Post by lore »

My next project is to have a fish tank flushed mounted in the transom area of my B28. CaptPatrick is offering a nice one but I understand his tank is designed just for the 31. High Tide and Glasstech are offering similar products. Prices are little steep. I guess if you want to have custom designed products you have to pay...
My worry is about the installation of the tank. Do I need to cut the gunnel to install it ? How is fixed to the transom ? This is a heavy object when is full of water. The installation is a critical thing. Has anyone done this before ?
Kingfish

Bait Tank

Post by Kingfish »

Depending on what size tank we're talking about that is alot of weight mounted that far aft.

I have a custom OffShore 65 gal. tank located at the step up on my B28. I can't imagine 455 lbs. less bait on the transom.

If you'd like I could e-mail pics.
Jim
1975 28 FBC
lore

Post by lore »

The size of the transom mounted fish tanks is about 24X52X12 inches, not sure about how many gallons. I would like to see a picture of yours fish tank. Thanks.
It seems that not many people has adpoted the transom mounted solution...maybe too expensive or are there other reasons?
Skipper Dick

Post by Skipper Dick »

Lore,

If you take the width times the height times the length in inches and divide that by 231 you will get the approximate number of gallons the tank will hold. I came up with a little over 64 gallons and at 8 pounds per gallon that would be around 512 pounds assuming the tank was full.

Dick
1983 Bertram 28 FBC w/300 Merc Horizon