OT and related to nothing...

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Carl

OT and related to nothing...

Post by Carl »

( CNMG-432 THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THAT ANY OF THE TWO PART HULL MOLD MODELS WERE EVER PRODUCED AS TWO SEPARATE HALVES AND THEN JOINED TOGETHER... BR, PATRICK WHEN HAND LAYING UP A HULL, THE MOLD IS TIPPED OVER ON ONE SIDE. THIS ALLOWS THE WORKERS TO )

I have no idea what I did...but a while back this was a post from Capt Pat. and somehow it has made its way into my CAM software. Every now and then it will pop up in the midst of a generated program attached to certain tooling and /or directives...

Just had to laugh as a new Russion CNC person asked me what this meant as it was transferred to the machine.

Okay, maybe not so funny...so back to work I go.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Now that's wierd for sure...
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

??????????????

What does CNMG 432 have to do with a 31 hull??????

hb
hb
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

The only way it could pop up is if someone was fooling with what ever form of code your software is written in if its a dedicated system.

If its a central computer used to control the machines plus scan the internet, you have a bug of some sort.

Or it could be the imbedded code from signing on the site to remind everyone its time to send Pat a 100 bucks. :) , Subliminaly of course.

CNMG-432 is a carbide insert I believe Harry isn't it?
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Bruce wrote:CNMG-432 is a carbide insert I believe Harry isn't it?
That right Bruce....its a 135 degree diamond.......

hb
hb
Carl

Post by Carl »

I guess I mis-spoke...

I have an idea as to what I must have done...just little idea as to how it was done and why it only pops up once in awhile.

That ol'myth about the 31's being built in two halves and glued together came up in the forum again so I pulled up Capt Pats response to an earlier post about this. I guess I decided to Cut and Paste somewhere along the way...The info must have been in my Clipboard and somehow I Pasted it into the CAM's Tool Library and Directives or something like that...I really do not use those features at all. So I have no idea how I put it there...then again lots of Hot Keys in the Program... I did try to go in there and check...but it all comes up normal (no descriptions or special instructions).
I just find it funny that with the programs I generate each day, this only pops up every once in awhile...I use the CNMG-432 inserts in 95% of my lathe programs too...so its not that it is only attached to that tool.