FISH REPORT

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Craig Mac

FISH REPORT

Post by Craig Mac »

Hoping to do a inshore tuna trip tomorrow---does anybody have any updated info on the bluefin---Jones Inlet to Shinnecock-----I think the Babylon tournement is this w/e.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

The bite is on at 40 fathoms. Mostly early am. The MAN is out there watching and writing tickets to people for landing the second fish that can not be lifted out of the water. He is working hard. You want to be just south east of the compass rose, 40 fathoms.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

thats my report also south east of compass rose gouging on sandells and baby squid . i thought i never would see the day ----jump in the water to untangle a foul hooked marlin ,at least we got to fly the catch and release flag. got to think of my grandchidren some day .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

I had a great trip yesterday--ended up 6 miles south of the linda in 155 feet of water--10 bluefins and 2 skipjack---bluefins ranged 20-40 lbs- was back at the dock by 1:00 ---love those inshore trips.

Saw a couple whales , sea turtles, and one sunfish. Only birds were the tuna chicks--stayed with chicks and found the tuna.

It seemed like everybody was running 10 miles sw of the combra--decided it would be a parking lot. Heard a few boats west -probably jersey boats that wern't doing anything.