Who knows about Pooka

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Brewster Minton

Who knows about Pooka

Post by Brewster Minton »

Walterk called me His buddy is thinking about Pooka the yellow 31 that I think was in Sayville or down the island. It has new gas engines and looks in good repair. Does anyone from here know more? Its for Walterk.
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Mechanically the boat is in good condition. Engines, running gear, all good. Engines are Mercruiser 8.1 L MPI. The motor boxes have been altered to fit these engines. The engine install looks well done, but I don't like the boxes. They are two piece units and seem a little flimsy.

Deck is in pretty good shape, although one or two hatch covers could be replaced.

Boat has two fuel tanks, the auxiliary tank is mounted under the deck between the engines. This auxiliary is aluminum. The main tank is the original fiberglass one, and is beneath the decks.

The boat was originally a sportfisherman. The lower station and the V berth head have been removed. A bulkhead and a stand up head have been installed. Cosmetically they are not the most pleasing, but they work and they are sound. The bulkhead does not have a door, but rather a zipper down flap.

According to Andrew, and Sean, all electronics work.

slight leak on the starboard side at the front opening window, very very slight on the port in the same spot.

couple of scratches in paint and couple of areas with runs.