copper bottom paint

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Marlin

copper bottom paint

Post by Marlin »

anyone used this type in salt water, we used to use it in fresh water, I think it's the color I want
Richie Rich

Post by Richie Rich »

Marlin, most marine bottom paints are copper based...what brand/product were you asking about?
Marlin

copper bottom paint

Post by Marlin »

no particular brand just a proven name that is smooth to shiny and is copper in color. The boat will spend a lot of time on a lift but also be in the bahamas for weeks at a time and possibly see fresh water, thx
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Pettit's Copper Bronze is the only one I know of, but it only recommended for low to moderate fouling waters. This is modified epoxy paint, similar in characteristics to "Trinidad". The primary use is on classic powerboats, where the bronze color matches well with traditional paint colors. The copper content is lower than that of "Trinidad", and its use is recommended only where appearance is the overriding concern.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Pettits "Vivid" can be mixed to achieve a wide palette of colors. Other then being pricey I have had good feedback with the product.
Richie Rich

Post by Richie Rich »

Interlux also make Fiberglass bottom coat, which is a good all around non ablative in the bronze color, or their racing version called racing bronze which is harder and slicker than most. I normally use an ablative.