May take a ride

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

May take a ride

Post by Dug »

Having never been to Greenport before, I may take a ride over there this coming weekend just to explore and know where the heck I'm going come August.

Anyone going to be in the area?

D
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

dug best off going to new london take car and passengers to orient point. from there a short ride to greenport .take north road grape orchards are in full bloom with wine tasting a big hit, go to bedell celars a great red wine with a beautiful turn of the century winery and tasting facility were you sit down outside on porch facing vineyards.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Harry Woods

Post by Harry Woods »

Dug,
Mitchell Park Marina has a day rate from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM for $1.00 per foot. Weekends book up and you should call ahead at 631 477 2200. Also, Claudio's is just east of the marina and has limited dockage for restaurant patrons.
I was over there on Tuesday.
Harry
Dug

Post by Dug »

Good to know.

More intended for a boat approach, as I want to know where I am going come rendezvous time. I always try to get off the dock at a reasonable hour, but it never happens for many reasons...

that being said, I don't need to get into downtown per se. Would love to say hi, then maybe have a picnic at one of the many lovely beaches in the area. Been taking the dog swimming a lot to help her leg recover from its destruction back in March. She is enjoying the swimming and it mellows her out now that she can't really run anymore... :(

Good info to have however!!!! Thanks!