UVI 9

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

UVI 9

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Faithful - I'm hosting the famed tourney the week of August 21 at TSL in Panama. My crew will be my rich and famous fishing guide son, Capt. Brent Roy, and my stunningly talented award-winning architect son-in-law Chuck Oliver.

I just spoke to TSL and they have two boats open for that week, and are offering a 20% discount, as well as "kids fish free".....can't beat that deal guys. TSL - 800 682 3424. I need some competition vying for second.

We are heading to the camp for the weekend so you can catch me on my cell, 225 937 1319.

Respectfully,

UV
Winner of every UVI, and holder of the longest winning streak in major sports history.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Vic
I have wanted to go with you guys to TSL every since I remember you guys talking about it.

I will not be able to go this summer because of several other plans that have already been made.

Do I get a rain check for next year??

hb
hb
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Harry, we should team up for next year...that would be a fun trip...
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

The UV 9 will take place from the 21th until when? There is a slim chance that I could travel from the 25th on. Explain the tourney to me to ascertain if I "bandwagon" this one.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Bob....I think that's a great idea.....ya think we could show Unc Vic a thing or two about fishing...LOL

Vic....how bout it....you catch the bait for us??

hb
hb
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

The UVI is a unique event....no rules, no entry fee, and no prizes.....and I always win.

TSL's fishing week is Sat. thru Sat. with a Thursday depart option if you are going to fish 4 days vs. 6. Since its 150 miles from the nearest road, getting there at odd times is simply not an option. My crew is flying to Panama on Friday, Aug. 20th, overnight in Panama City, then fly on the bush plane to Pinas Bay on Sat. morning......we will fish 4 days and fly back to Panama City on Thursday the 26th and back to the US on Friday the 27th.

David & Harry - you vie for second, not first.

We had a visitor at the camp on Sat. morning, a good solid 10 foot alligator in my boathouse....talk about a wake up call.....It was not bashful at all either....guess when you are that size you can do whatever the crap you want. I notified the Coonass Sauce Piquant Patrol so his ass is grass....first you make a roux......

UV
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Vic wrote:no rules, no entry fee, and no prizes.....and I always win.
Similar to the rules of an old girlfriend.......difference was that she had a long list of rules, entry fees were very high and she ALWAYS won

I am sure the trip would be a blast.

Vic, I went to Guanaja on a scuba diving trip in 1997. From Roatan we flew in a smaller plane and landed in an unmaned unmaintained air strip....the trip was absolutely wonderful.

hb
hb
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Harry: I was there in '94 or '95. Same strip with the wrecked planes in the weeds. Did you enjoy Concourse #9? LOL! We flew out of la Ceba on the mainland! Did you stay at Pasada? Beautiful place until the Hurricane Mitch sat on top of it for a few days!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Rawleigh
I am starting a new post because I have a lot to say about Guanaja....don't want to hijack Uncle Vic anymore than I already have.

hb
hb