Kelly's a Daddy

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

kellysmall

Kelly's a Daddy

Post by kellysmall »

Well guys, after two years of trying, Janine and I are finally adoptive parents. Our little girl was born Monday afternoon at 5:25, and we brought her home from the hostpital on Tuesday night. We've named her Audrey, and she's a little bundle of joy. She's perfectly healthy, and we couldn't possibly be more blessed. Now, all I gotta do is find her a Bertram shirt......
John F.

Post by John F. »

Congratulations!!
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

CONGRATULATIONS!

I will tell you what I was told when I announced my wife was pregnant so many years ago....

Take lots of pictures and save them somewhere safe, and..

Your life will never be the same as it was before!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

congradulations
randall

Post by randall »

all right kelly!! congrats and much pleasure and joy to your wife and yourself.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Kelly-All the best! Walter
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Congrates. They are right your life will never be the same, But for the Better.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
Mike Moran

post subject

Post by Mike Moran »

Audrey God bless you, and mom and dad
scot

Post by scot »

Congradulations Kelly!

I raised (I was there anyway!) 2 daughters and it's great. Be prepared to do everything that little girl wants you to do...because you will, and you'll love every minute of it!!!
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

That's great news Kelly. I know that you and Janine were certainly looking forward to this day.

Like Scot said....this little bundle of joy is gonna wrap you around her finger.

My daughter is 34 and all she has to do is climb up in my lap, blink those blue eyes and say DAAAAADY........

You are gonna experience something really special....your a lucky man

Harry
hb
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Congrats Kelly to you & Janie. Oh boy!, are you gonna be double hooked with a baby girl. You'll love it, believe me. Your new lady angler is up and coming if this damn oil would just disappear. Fat Chance of that, HUH!

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Buju

Post by Buju »

Congratulations Kelly!
Now the fun begins, and sleep ends.
My little girl will be turning 3 in a month, and I still haven't caught up on my sleep... wait til she's 13, thats when everything will smooooth out right? HA!
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Buju wrote:Congratulations Kelly!
Now the fun begins, and sleep ends.
My little girl will be turning 3 in a month, and I still haven't caught up on my sleep... wait til she's 13, thats when everything will smooooth out right? HA!
Please...my oldest is 10 and she's already working on the Teen attitude...my 6 year old daughter entered the world with attitude...oh it will be an interesting few years.

It's all good.

Congratulations Mom and Dad and Welcome Audrey!!!

I do love good new!
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

In a few years you won't remember what life was like without her!

Good on you all!
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Buju

Post by Buju »

Please...my oldest is 10 and she's already working on the Teen attitude...my 6 year old daughter entered the world with attitude...
I hear ya Carl, we have a 12yr old son too... He's known it all for a good two years now. I don't remember being like that until I was 16ish.
Must be the plethora of info readily available these days. Kids are in such a hurry to grow up- cell phones, risque clothes, and the attitudes- oh the attitudes...
Funny how the attitude changes though when you give them some great advice, which is ignored of course.
Then it bites 'em in the ass, and they come to you w/ a bruised up ego, or heart and actually ask for advice. Thats when it's all worth it, and all good, like you said.
Sorry for the brief hijack Kelly... Congrats again, welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood.
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
kellysmall

Post by kellysmall »

Thanks guys. Audrey's been a perfect little lady so far. Can't believe how fortunate we are to have a baby that sleeps at night! I know it probably won't last for long, but for now, I'm lovin' it. Got a great group of friends over here in P'cola helping out, and the attorney who's handling the adoption proceedings has been exceptional. Vic, the firm of Shell-Fleming is handling this, just in case you know any of those folks.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Kelly wrote:Vic, the firm of Shell-Fleming is handling this
Kelly
I lived in the neighbor hood with one of the Shell families. We lived on Cove Ave just off of Detroit Blvd.

Just wondering if its folks from the same family. The older son is named George Shell, his brother was my best friend. His name is Tommy and he was killed in a Bicycle/Auto accident in 1968. These boys had a sister named Pam.

Better start planning right now.......at todays prices just Audreys wedding will exceed $25K.....LOL

H
hb
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

CONGRATS .... All the best of health and happiness !!
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
kellysmall

Post by kellysmall »

Harry,
I think we're talking about different Shells. T. A. Shell, one of the original founders, has retired, but his son Steve is carrying on the family name at the firm. Steve's brother David works with Gulf Power.
kipp

Post by kipp »

Kelly,
Congrats! My daughtrd is 26, and grew up fishing. As a child she used to get on the bow of the boat;throw out a dougle tout rigs, and start dancing and singing to"Going to the chapel and I'm gonna get married". Would catch two trout, almost evey cast. Used to drive her 4 yr older brother crazy. Let her play and have fun fishing. You'll have a fishing buddy that will not let you go without her. Ditto on taking lots of pictures.
Kipp
Capt. Mac Creech

Post by Capt. Mac Creech »

Hey kelly, Thats great. Jeremy's got a little girl that just turned 1. The boys are great but there's something about those little girls. Give me a call soon, The boat should be back in the water next week.
Mac
kellysmall

Post by kellysmall »

I've seen Jeremy and the whole family at church. Very nice looking family. Plus, Jeremy was instrumental in helping me get my B25 refinanced several years ago. Janine and I had been hopeful for a girl, and it looks like our wishes have come true. Maybe by the time she's old enough to fish we'll have weed patches to fish around instead of oil patches. Might better stay on the hill for a little while longer. I heard last night that they discovered some oil floating in Pensacola Bay. Makes me glad I'm dry-stored. Poor Kenny, though.....he just finished repainting Reel McCoy.
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Fantastic! Sleep as much as you can