License plate frames

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

License plate frames

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I just realized that my goddamned Chevy dealer's service department removed my Bertram 31.com license plate frame and replaced it with theirs. I will rip them up tomorrow morning, but since my servicing was more than a week ago, I would bet it's bye bye Bertram frame. Are they available any more or does anyone have an extra I can buy for a donation to the site? Walter
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

They better have your frame for you. I would make a big deal out of it if they dont. That is total bull sh#$. And as I remember yous was pure silver painted black.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

walter
i hope you get it back, even if you do i would be chewing someone a new a@$ hole, they have no right to remove your personal property, good luck , and take no prisoners
i had a extra one but i think i gave it to harv a few years back, ill take a look
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Walter,

Got ya' covered...

Br,

Patrick
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Pat youre a good guy... Cant wait to see you in Aug.... I would still be FuminG!
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Walter, Tell them IF they cant find it they better make you a new one...messing with your stuff some nerve...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
tunawish

Post by tunawish »

Walter,

I'm sure you checked but they did that to me once and the old one was in the car..... I was ripping the service mgr a new one in the middle of the parking lot when the tech pulled it out from under the seat...

Ray
Face

Post by Face »

Damn that is infuriating! You won't see any free advertising on my truck. I hope you raise hell with them.
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

I never saw that license plate..........I want to see one........I want one!
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

if the license plate holders are still available, I would love to get one too.
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

check in and around the vehicle, whenever my dealer has taken my frames off and swapped them they left the old ones somewhere in the car

I always see someone with one of those frames in the Copiague-Lindy area driving down Montauk Highway and wondered who it was
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Probably John (Happy Time). He lives in Lindenhurst.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
chris pague

Post by chris pague »

Capt Patrick Do you still have the ones we did how many years ago?
Chris
I have found that life can be short. Hope I am not late?
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Only 3 left and I'm sending Walter 2 of those... At least 6 years ago.
Mike Moran

post subject

Post by Mike Moran »

I was a chev. pont. dealer and we would replace frames with the understanding of the customer on the basis if they broke down on the highway one our 50 some odd empolyes would stop and help sounds like b.s. but I would pay any employee 50.00 to stop and help cost a little but was great p.r. always put removed frames in customers car . tell the dealer you want your frames back or write to chev. and tell them what happened they are very tunned in to things like this now .
Harv

Post by Harv »

cwj wrote:walter
i hope you get it back, even if you do i would be chewing someone a new a@$ hole, they have no right to remove your personal property, good luck , and take no prisoners
i had a extra one but i think i gave it to harv a few years back, ill take a look
You might still have it. You gave me Bertram name plates for the boat, not a License plate frame.
Last edited by Harv on May 24th, '10, 18:18, edited 2 times in total.
Harv
Harv

Post by Harv »

My mechanic usually replaces license frames on the cars he works on. We had an understanding that my frames were not to be touched, however, one of his guys replaced my rear frame without telling me or saving it. Fortunately, at the time Chris still had extras and I bought an extra set. However, since that episode, I asked him to hook me up with the people that make his custom frames. I will touch base with him tomorrow to double check on that information and see what I can come up with.
Harv
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I received the replacement frames from Patrick today. Many thanks to him and all of you for all your support in making me feel a bit better about my having "lost it" when I discovered what had happened. Now I have to figure out a way to mount them so it can't happen again. It HAD happened once before, but I caught it. I called the owner of the dealership to let him know and he was very apologetic about what had happened. Seems it's always the lowest man on the totem pole that can ruin many years of good reputation and service.
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

at least someone post a pic to see what I've missed....
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Is your Bertram plate frame just gone? No one knows at the dealership where it went? I would bolt on in there and show them just how limited my vocabulary is!

What gives people the right to do that kind of $hit? Report it to the police so it shows up in the paper under "Police Report" that will cause a stir.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Walter, roast these guys in the local paper. Write a letter. Give us the name and address of these guys. Im sure the"Faithfull" will respond full force. Feed these guys to us. We will eat them for lunch. Im hungry to chew some butt.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I say storm the dealership with pitch forks and gasoline and burn the place down!
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

Trust me the low man on the totem pole is not taking it upon himself to change out the frames, he probably has orders from management to do so.

Someone calls and complains they just point the finger at the guy and pretend to be upset about it.

I give you one better- I went into a dealership just to ask about a used car they had for sale, was there 5 minutes. I left and drove a good 35 minutes on the parkway to go look at a boat , then another 20 minutes after that stop.

Coming out of the guys yard I notice something on my bumper- screws.
Then I noticed the frames- they swapped out the other dealer's frames on both the front and the back but somehow these screw managed to stay on my Jeep's bumper ( I'm guessing from another vehicle or they had them in their hands ) even though I had been doing at least 80 on the parkway by the beach. When I complained later the guy flat out told me the yard jockeys have orders to swap out frames and probably thought my Jeep was there for service.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Hueso,

Give me your mailing address. You can post it here, or email me at: tdrake@intrex.net. I have an extra one with your name on it. You can repay all of us by continuing to post pictures of your beautiful island and fishing exploits.

Tommy
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Tommy:

You are the man! Emailed you the address and message.

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Got it David............going out in today's mail!

Tommy
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Brewster Minton wrote:Walter, roast these guys in the local paper. Write a letter. Give us the name and address of these guys. Im sure the"Faithfull" will respond full force. Feed these guys to us. We will eat them for lunch. Im hungry to chew some butt.
did you say "chew" .... what's the buzz .... am I right ?
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Harv

Post by Harv »

Hueso wrote:at least someone post a pic to see what I've missed....
Hueso, check the first post in this thread, and relax, because I just placed the order today to have a whole bunch of new ones made.

http://bertram31.com/newbb/viewtopic.php?t=5825
Harv