New 31 Owner

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Charlie

New 31 Owner

Post by Charlie »

Just got the bill of sale for Happy Hour. It was the old Morning Sun Doc bought from a tool who used it for a Lobster Boat. Original pics are on the www.bertramrendezvous.com .
Capt. Pat helped Doc get it the Rendezvous that year.
Doc has done some restoration on her. This 31 is one of the very few Moppies ever made. The Lobster Boat tool added a pilot house; but you can still see the original windscreen and forward bulkhead locations. Not sure if it is worth a complete resto. Story is it was a boat owned by Bertram himself once upon a time. Now to find the proof if possible.

I would post a few newer pics; but never learned how.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Oh I almost forgot.

Thanks Doc I will give her a good home.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Charlie- How is Doc? We haven't heard from him on the site for a long time. Walter
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Pat and I visited with Doc and Nancy in the Keys in February. Both are fine. Their place has just been expanded and it truly beautiful. Plenty of room for the grand kids. I could live there year round and never again visit NJ. doc's Extra Dry is docked near by and keeping him busy.
Doc is the unofficial mayor, project manager, overseer, designer and general worry wart for the complex expansion. This has kept him happy and his efforts are simply marvelous.
Pat and I love to visit with Doc and Nancy. This year Doc and I finished off a pitcher of Margaritas while riding the golf cart around the joint. Don't think they site you for DUI on a golf cart in OR. Buy then again we did not run over any cops, Doc was driving.
In Memory Walter K

Glad to hear Doc is well and living the good life in the Keys. Is he down there full time now? Congratulations on the 31. I searched for it's picture in the recent Rendezvous photos but couldn't find one. I've heard a lot about it's Lobsterization and am very curious about what it looks like. Do you have some sort of restoration in mind?
John F.

Post by John F. »

Finally got a 31...'bout time. Happy to hear Doc is well. So, what does that make--2 Berts, a Shammy....
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Doc lives 3 houses down from my brothers summer place in Ocean City(small world) and every year I go up there, Docs out on the skiff fishing in the am and enjoying the sunset and drinks on the deck in the pm.

Life don't get much better than that.

If your readin Doc I should be by early summer on the race tour.
Listen for the horns of the Freightliner, the rig should just about block the roadway.
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Charlie...

It looks like someone hacked the link you have above.. it takes me to the site of a company that sells material distribution stuff.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
In Memory Walter K

Did that to me yesterday. The only way to get to the site is to start from scratch and type it in.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Charlie, Congrats on new to you Bertram...went to the rendevous site and didnt see Happy Hour, Did see a sweet Bahia Mar, picture #97 on the 09 link. Anyone know any info on this 31? Love to see more pics..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

congradulations charlie
bob theres a pic of docs, charlie boat on the 04 event
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

A B 31 must make for one bad a** lobster boat...Still love my 4 girls in the fightn lady yellow..Thanks for rendevous link Charlie..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Congrats Charlie !
Been to Doc's place and to Montauk, boat show, Panama & Port Eads w/him. He's the happiest man I know. Good for him.
Makes me smile thinking of him.........
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Capn Pat found it but it is #113 of 116 Pics. in 2004.