Amazing "Burnout"

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harry Babb

Amazing "Burnout"

Post by Harry Babb »

How do you know if you win the competition????

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw ... urnout.flv">
hb
scot

Post by scot »

I would like to see one of the new electric earth day cars do that. I keep waiting for him to smack the wall. Nice.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Dug

Post by Dug »

Have you ever taken a ride in a Tesla? Three words...

Oh

My

God.
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

My best friend in high school had a crazy younger brother. He took an early 70s Chevy Vega and dropped a 350 V8 in it with a Holly 750. Put 50 series tires on the rear, 60s in the front.

The first burnout was in front of his parents home. He poured bleach on the tires and road for better traction, revved the motor, popped the clutch and lit up the tires. After the police got there (the smoke was visible for miles and he lived blocks from the police station, they called the fire department. Not because of all the smoke, but because they needed the jaws of life to pry him out of the car. He didn't crash either -- the torque was so much that on the burnout he shifted the body of the car on the frame and could not open any of the doors nor the rear hatch.

That was 1978 -- I think he is still grounded - 100% Italian parents on both sides, they never forgive and never forget (just like mine)!
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Have you ever taken a ride in a Tesla?
For 130k I can buy a new Vette and a squad of cheerleaders and make that OMG into OMFG......
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

How much for just the 'vette?
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Andre

Wrong question. How much for the Cheer Leaders?
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Tony, you are a thinking man!
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

I believe Andre asked the same question, just with more discretion! Sly move, Andre!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

With a Vette you can get all of the cheerleaders you want......

butttttt let me tell you guys a little story.....

One time there was this little mouse

He lived in the forest with all of the other animals

This little mouse had a Corvette and would race thru the forest making noise and upsetting all of the other animals

One day the mouse was riding along the cliffs edge when he heard a moaning noise.

Upon investigation he discovered that his buddy, Mr Elephant, had fallen off of the cliff and was unable to climb back up.

The little mouse thought a minute and then threw the elephant a rope, tied the other end onto his Vette.....then with a mighty tug the Vette pulled the elephant back to safety.....the elephant was eternally grateful.

Then as it would happen one day the elephant was walking along the edge of the cliff when he heard a noise. Looking over the edge he discovered that the mouse had ran his Vette off of the cliff in exactly the same spot.

Well the elephant certainly wanted to return the favor and rescue his little friend.....but how could he possible rescue his little buddy.

After much thought the elephant backed up to the cliffs edge and lowered his male appendage down to the mouse......the mouse grabed a hold and the elephant raised him back to safety.

So what does this have to do with our conversation here......obviously there is a moral to the story.....

If your pecker is long enough you really don't need a Vette! ! ! !
hb
Carl

Post by Carl »

I'd like to return these tires...just bought them yesterday and the tread is all gone...must be defective.