Where is B31 Heaven?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

clay

Where is B31 Heaven?

Post by clay »

Answer: Tropic Star Lodge -

My old B31 "Proud Cut" is getting fitted with a pair of Detroit 4 bangers here in Corpus Christi and then she is shipping out to Panama where she will be re-outfitted at the lodge to match the other boats and be put into service in 2011. I plan to make a trip in 2011 just so I can walk the decks again. I think that the old gal is on her way to heaven.

Clay
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Very nice ending to it's story. Hope you got a fair price. Walter
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

clay
what happened, i know you had 2 boats at one time
clay

Post by clay »

Charlie:

Congestive Heart Failure - Upper left interior Ablation last year with lots of complications and now it looks like open heart surgery to maze the exterior this summer, if the mazing is sucessfull I may be able to fish again, If it is not sucessfull I get to go on the heart transplant donor list (and oh did I tell you that I am a great candidate because my plumbing is great - thanks I needed that little bit of good news) the electrical system went bad and it keeps getting screwed up. I now carry a portable defibrilator with me but I just can not stand the thought of teaching my kids how to use it on me. I still have the 36 foot catamaran and I even took the kids tubing 15 miles offshore last month on one of our rare spring days when the wind was down to 10 knots (having to have another adult on board sort of pisses me off) I guess life is full of changes some good and some crappy must have been my turn for crappy.

Bet I am the first one who has this offshore survival package on board.

PFD
Flares Hand and Gun
Smoke Stick and Can
VHF Radio
EPIRB
6 man offshore raft
Ditch kit
Portable Defibrillator in pelican case
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

dam clay, keep us posted on this, hope all goes well for you , you will come out of this smelling like roses, and be out fishing again soon.
all my best
charlie
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Thank God for modern science. In my case it was not as serious as yours, but after the TSL trip where I was effectively a cripple, having to be helped on and off the boats, unable to do anything standing up, I decided I couldn't go on living that way. I had never had a surgery in my life and was scared stiff. Over that winter I had two hip replacements and was climbing up and down my bridge like a kid that summer. I would never have thought it possible. I feel like I'm 20 years younger and kick myself for not having done it sooner. The success rate in heart surgeries is incredibly good. I wish you all the best and bet you'll love the trip you take to TSL after! Not many people can fish on their own 31 out there! Walter
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I had it 8 years ago, heart/lung bypass and all the trimmings.

By todays standards 8 years ago was cave man stuff, you'll do just fine.

I hear they can actualy shrink Rachel Welch now and send her in for the repairs.
grouperdude

Post by grouperdude »

im in the process of purchasing a AED and emergency oxygen its not a bad thing having all that stuff on your boat
randall

Post by randall »

rachel welch? yikes were old !!

clay..good luck.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

randall"]rachel welch? yikes were old !!

She looks great for her age.

Clay good luck and keep up the spirits. You will fish again.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Damn, Bruce, who knew? u da man!
Clay, having had a bunch of surgeries over the last several years there are two things I tell everyone contemplating or awaiting. First, get the best you can find to do it, regardless of what you have previously arranged. Second, recovery is not a straight line. One day you think you can run with the dogs and the next day you feel like one of them, right Bruce, Walt?
I'm saying little prayers.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Prayers all the way around.

I second Mikeys advice. I had mine done at the Cleveland Clinic. Absolutly first class all the way.

Listen to the doctors on recovery.
Two weeks after being home I got bored when the wife went back to work and strapped a pillow to my chest (in case of an accidnet) and went down to the shop and worked on a refrigerator.

I ended up passing out and comming to, shut the door and came home.
major DUMB ASS mistake.

The stuff that keeps you out on long surgeries may cause temp and permanent loss of memory but that is normal.

Also the anti rejection drugs should a transplant be necessary are much better these days. Just be vigilant and patient and things will work out fine.

One last thing, have your family give blood toward your surgery.

No one would for me and after the operation I had this strange urge for chicken and waffles.

She looks great for her age
So does Joan Rivers in a horrible car accident kind of way.........
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Chicken and waffles? Could be worse, could have been boudoin!
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein