Paint again

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Russ Pagels

Paint again

Post by Russ Pagels »

Hate to belabor the paint issue, after I said I would go with Imron. But, their is always a but, while working with Scott the owner of Silver Hawk boats, he mentioned a paint product called Alexseal. as I had never heard of it, I looked It up on the net. They use it on some real big boats. any experience with this product would be greatly appreciated...Russ
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

No experience with that one, but did Scott mention it as a paint he regularly uses and likes, or was it more like a paint he'd like to try out... You being the Guinea pig?
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

A lot of guys in NJ are using it and loving it! I haven't used it personally but that is what is going on my boat. It gets good reviews. My paint guys says it is better than imron and awlgrip, for what it is worth.
http://Www.GT-lures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Russ Pagels

Post by Russ Pagels »

Pat, they use them all. they build boats and also do full rehabs and repair.they will paint anthing I want same price. Pat what was the original color of our boats?.Thumbs up thanks for the input ,Scott is located in NJ...Thanks...Russ
ianupton

Post by ianupton »

Awlgrip "Oyster White" is about as close as you can get to the original Bertram white.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

russ my boat is a floating paint experiment!! i have imron on hull sides ,awlgrip on bridge in side and endura on top side and cockpit.imron best shine never needs wax but don`t surmerge in salt water. it will bubble like if you have a water line stripe that goes under water when you fuel up . the imron is not nearly as tough in the cockpit as endura .endura and alexseal are similar .i would choose awlgrip lastly for hullside because you know down the road somebody going to scratch it and repaint is a impossible match job.been there seen that and i am going to do it again!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Alexseal is for all intent derived from awlgrip. Very durable with a great gloss. There are several custom boat builders using this paint. I am pretty sure that my friends on the Canyon Runner used this paint on their Richie Howell when it was built.

Should go 5 plus years with no issue. We are on 4 years with regular Awlgrip and the finish is fine. Even after this winter without a cover.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"