Sea rock baby seat

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Sea rock baby seat

Post by Dug »

Hey all,

I visited the Boston boat show yesterday, and it was a pretty good show actually. A bit smaller than last year, but no surprise there. I did see a new product that I thought I would share with those here who have kids. I thought it was a good idea. No, I don't have kids, and no, I have no vested interest. It is a seat for kids that is hangable, and appropriately sized.

Take a look.

http://www.babysearock.com/

Sometimes it is the simplest things...

Dug
Carl

Post by Carl »

LOL...look I'm an inventor.

I did just that with my two kids...a $15-$20 Fisher Price Tree Swing, they loved it so much at home I used to bring it down and let them "Hang" in it at the dock.

You don't even want to think about leaving the dock with a child in there...

I showed my wife just why with a Baby Doll in the swing and crossed a boats wake. Doll didn't fall out since it was strapped in...but boy did it take one hell of a ride. The stabilizer strap they talk about would help...but not with my kid in it.
Dug

Post by Dug »

I thought it was great for sitting at anchor, or at the dock. Not sure it would ever occur to me to run with it even hanging much less with a kid in it. But that shows how close or not I am to having a parental mentality!
JeremyD

Post by JeremyD »

looks like it even has a mini rod holder
1977 B31 (315 Cummins) Build thread --->https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-ho ... model.html
2010 Key West Bay Reef | 150 Yamaha
1986 Bertram 28 260 Mercruisers [SOLD]
JeremyD

Post by JeremyD »

In Floriduh you see all kinds - I've seen a few car seats strapped down to T-tops - I've seen a few swings like this hanging from t-tops - my favorite was a bigger cc where the guy had fashioned big D anchors and had strapped a infant seat to the front of his CC. The baby (I'm talking newborn) was strapped in forward facing and they were hauling ass with the mother bent over trying to shield the baby from the wind. Too bad darwin didn't get to them before they started breeding.
1977 B31 (315 Cummins) Build thread --->https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-ho ... model.html
2010 Key West Bay Reef | 150 Yamaha
1986 Bertram 28 260 Mercruisers [SOLD]
Carl

Post by Carl »

As a kid we summered upstate along the Delaware River, just below Skinners Falls, at that time descent rapids and several companies rented out canoes to anyone with what amounted to Zero safety training.

I remember seeing a couple come down the Rapids with a baby strapped into the canoe...may have been a car seat or carrier not really sure.

Bystanders at the bottom of the falls grabbed them and would not let them continue down river.

Another Brilliant Guy flipped the canoe and it got lodged around a rock, proceeded to bend in half and he got trapped in the canoe. His buddies helped keep his face above the water till help came. They had a hell of a time getting him out...turns out he had a full leg cast on and braced himself in under the supports...

Then there was the Idiot who decided to dive off a Rock in an area with limited water clarity...right into a rock only a foot or two under the surface. They carried him away...still alive I think. Looked like a scene from Jaws the area just filled with blood...

Sorry...went off on a tangent.

Yeah...

Lots of Stupid people out there.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

And they gravitate to the water...
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Ahhh...... Narrowsburg NY and Bob Landers Rentals........followed by short ride to Monticello and a few drinks at Bend 'n Elbow.

Those were the days........
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315