Does any one know this boat

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Russ Pagels

Does any one know this boat

Post by Russ Pagels »

Hay, more questions,It seem that all the boats I'm finding are in NJ. So here I go again asking if any one has knowledge of The Fritz brothers in NJ. they were the ones who did the interior work on the boat.the boats name is Erica Michelle from Brielle NJ.thanks in advance....Russ
neil

Post by neil »

pretty sure that jp knows the boat,it has been around here a while
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

Fitz bros do some really good work.......Don't know the boat though.
http://Www.GT-lures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

You got a link to the listing Russ? Think it was redone a long time ago. It was done very well for its time. However if she's loosened up since the first refit it might be all for naught. Where is she at, when the snow melts I can have a look, maybe I can bring one of the guys that originally refit it.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
neil

Post by neil »

Russ Pagels

Post by Russ Pagels »

Thanks Neil you beat me to it. JP that would be great if you could do it.the owner ,Scott, is going to the boat tomorrow, and take a lot more pictures. He bought the boat from a bank. the engines are a mystery, he doesn't know the hours.from the pictures the cabin looks very good. not thrilled with teak decks but I can live with them.scott is a principle with Sliver Hawk boats, if any one knows him...again thanks for all the help...Russ
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

you got to be kidding!!!!cummins engines installed, gears,pss seals, rudders,very very important teak covering boards,shafts, structs,thats 50,000 the rest of the boat including the boat itself is free!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

russ very conservative i would want $5000.00 to put that composite windshield /side windows would be another 2000.00 in tempered glass . just start adding up these extras.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Russ,

Those 250's are great running engines. Run all day on short money plus you have F/W cooled aftercoolers.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

If the irons good in that one the rest looks pretty easy to fix. Worse case would be the deck is soft. But for the 50K you could add a Cabrera deck and box system to the boat and still be ahead of the curve.
Generator looks a little damp.

She was winterized right?

I'd make an appointment to look at this one. The pics look pretty good. I'm jammed out for the next few days but will try and get over to see her when I can.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Looked at it.

call me 717-891-1054
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

JP Dalik wrote:Looked at it.
AND ?
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

I'm thinking maybe its a train wreck?
Regards,

Doug L.
Russ Pagels

Post by Russ Pagels »

I just want to thank every one for all there help. JP thank you very much for all your help looking the boat over.a deposit is going out,and dependent on survey of engines, boat and sea trial. If the boat checks out the boat wiil have a new home.any one want a '73 gaser in great shape. when the deal is done I'll post it with Capt. Pat..thanks again to Pat for this great site . you meet the nicest people here!
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Well that's good news. Good luck.
Regards,

Doug L.
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

AND ?
Russ congrats on pulling the trigger on the deposit, to the rest of the team here's what I spoke to Russ about on the phone. When she was redone it looks like she was completely re gelcoated. All of the bulkheads forward had been re-enforced and glassed in or just replaced all of the bulkhead to hull attachments were solid. All the modifications to the original layout are holding up very well. The forward head lays out well for those that may of though otherwise. There is more tackle storage in this boat than many I have looked at. Looks like a Roger Fritz interior redo but without talking to him I can't be sure. Whomever owned the boat after the original refit seems to of cared about it. No nasty birds nests of wires everything is clean. The 582 and 951X along with the VHF were on the boat and covered. There is a Robertson autopilot, the main steering lines are still the original copper except for where the autopilot pump was tee'd in, The vessel still had the original Bertram breaker box down below with an updated sub panel overhead in the accessible headliner. The wiring appeared redone and the breakers functional

The only visible chink in the armor is the deck, the supports underneath appear in good shape from what I could see. It is not soft "feeling" however the teak is very thin and lifting in a few places. The engine beds and bulkheads look to be in good order with a little rust on the outboard side as to be expected. The gen set is a one lung belt driven, phasor type unit. Guessing its a 3600rpm screamer. I was told it runs I'd probably pull it and refresh it after attending to the deck. the engines and transmissions were well taken care of with no visible oil leaks, the boat has shaft seals and there were no signs of water spraying around the bilge. Both gears showed only normal signs of age and both shifters worked smoothly. The exhausts are glassed in 5in for a custom look, the boat does have a composite rail and it is fit nicely to the vessel. The window frames are still aluminum with plexiglass or lexan one piece inserts.

The boat was sitting with a pair of 20x23 4 blade hytorques with a light cup. I can't say I remember seeing trim tabs. The bottom could be stripped and barrier coated, it has the updated lifting strake layout and no hull number in the transom corner.

The boat presents well. The owners original plan was to take it and re do it similar to "that pretty blue bertram at Carvers" but things changed with his plans. I explained to him that "the pretty blue bertram" was mine. Small world he loves what we did with our Bertram and I love the 24 Silverhawk he builds. As a boat builder he has access to fabrication materials most of us can only dream of. I'd be tempted to work with him in fabricating a replacement deck for this boat.

Best of luck with this boat, from everything I saw if the engines test out you'll have a great boat to do anything you want.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

excellent survey do you do this for a living? ha, ha for russ this is like having a long loss brother.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
ed c.

Post by ed c. »

Russ, good luck, it looks like a keeper. The interior looked great.