Anyone dealt with White Water Marine in Sayville, NY?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

adams

Anyone dealt with White Water Marine in Sayville, NY?

Post by adams »

I think they also associate with or go by the name of Blue Water Boat Brokers. Does anyone have any personal experience with this company? Or have heard anything good or bad about them? They have a 31 over there. Anyone know the boat? Sounds like the boat has been in the area for a long time. I think it used to be named Pooka. Thanks
Last edited by adams on Feb 13th, '10, 20:01, edited 2 times in total.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Lico......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

I have never purchased a boat from Whitewater. However I do know one of the owners and several of the sales people. I have steered a few folks there and I have never heard a bad report.

I personally can recommend Andrew Dean as a sales contact at White Water. Andrew is a good kid who loves boats and fishing. Tell Andrew that John Spiezio recommended him.

The owner that I know is Anthony Viccaro. Anthony had a beautiful B31, the Bimini Kid, which he was forced to sell when purchasing White Water Marine. I know that he is partial to these boats. He knows the boats and in my experience will be up front with you.

Now, about Pooka. She has been running on the GSB as long as I have. I remember her back in the very early 70s. Her first owner was a local football hero and a real legend in the area. He kept the boat up while she was with him. She then spent a lot of time with another local guy, he did not spare the checkbook while maintaining that boat. He has since moved on to several Vikings and a beautiful 64 Garlington, but he speaks fondly of Pooka to this day.

I do not know her more recent past, but if you are interested in talking with folks who will probably know the boat, then let me know. I would be happy to talk to some of the local guys and get some feed back for you.
adams

Post by adams »

I sent you a PM. Thanks.
Ed Curry

Post by Ed Curry »

I have no personal experience with them but they have a very good reputation on Long Island.
Don't lend a hand to raise a flag aboard a ship of fools!
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

mike can`t do that anthony is a personel friend . my testomony would be bias.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
adams

Post by adams »

Bob...I respect that. I did see that you were from the same area or was hoping to get som info from you. Do you know of the boat or anything about it? I have talked to Anthony and he seems to be a good guy. He seemed to be straight forward with the boat. If you need to please PM me. Thanks.