? kind of boat

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Brewster Minton

? kind of boat

Post by Brewster Minton »

Is the yellow boat just outside the waves a Bahia Mar <object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/102_118827742 ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/102_1188277424" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

I don't think so
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

its got the carolina flair, same wrap a round for the windshield
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

The guy running the center console is a crappy Captain who has a lot of luck working for him in that short clip. Poor guy in the bow.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

No kidding Walter!! How did he get in that situation? Was he having power problems? He missed a couple of opportunities to extract himself from the waves. I wonder if he wound up on the beach?? It looks like one of those California life guard boats you occasionally see in newsclips. I don't think that it is a Bertram.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Buju

Post by Buju »

Topaz 28
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
scot

Post by scot »

The poor guy in the front trusted his buddy to drive the boat. I like the part when his feet fly up in the air, hope he wasn't hurt badly, because I know he was at the very lest hurt. Wow that painful just watch'in.

I wonder if he pony'ed up for his half of the fuel? or did the medics meet them back at the launch?
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

That Yellow boat is a 29' Crystaliner The harbor patrol & lifeguard dept use them & Seaway's.
Not sure of the boat caught in the surfline.kinda whaler looking..tho.I love this stuff.
Good Find...

I posted this vid here about 5 yrs ago.Think I found it on a surfing blog
Wayne..
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Every time I see that video and there is another one like it. I have to look real close. I know its a friend of my brother.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Boat getting bashed looks like a ROBALO ... I owned one years ago, originals were Whaler type sandwiched foam on a modified V hull designed by Ray Hunt. Mine was a great boat ... this guy is just in the wrong place at wrong time.
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Here is how not to bea<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/6b0_126451063 ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/6b0_1264510631" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>ch your boat!
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

I second Ironmans thoughts on the boat, I read an article in the National Fisherman about the guy who made them for the California Beach Patrol, you saw them on Baywatch as well. I thought I read the builder passed on from cancer..pretty boat..looks alot like the Bahia Mar.
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
randall

Post by randall »

brew...my big trick when i was 14 was to run the boat straight at the beach just like that. then while the passengers ( usually 13 year old girls) screamed and wet their pants i would casually stroll to the stern ,kill the engine(rude 40) and lift it up and glide up on the beach. while trying to impress a particularly attractive young lady i waited a hair too long and sheared the cotter pin.......................thus stranding us on the most remote island i knew about ............and eventually involving her dad, the marine patrol and the coast guard....but i prefer to forget that part. the guy in the video probably got off easier.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Randall

That's better than the old I'm out of gas trick.