Hynautic reserve valve/bleeder

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

John F.

Hynautic reserve valve/bleeder

Post by John F. »

They come in 500 and 900 psi models. Usually around $180 per, and I was going to order a 500 psi model. I found a new 900 psi closeout for $100. Any real downside to getting the 900 psi? I'm guessing that either the 3/8" nylon hose or some seal or fitting would blow out well before 500 psi anyway. Plus, I really don't get how pressure could get up anywhere near that high on that system anyway. I tried calling Seastar/Hynautic and it just rang and rang.
Carl

Post by Carl »

The Plastic Hose will go before the 900PSI valve relieves the pressure.

When the hose goes you have no steering.

Best case scenario...you'll have one hell of a messy bilge to clean.

I would have paid $80.00 to have someone clean my bilge when I forgot to tighten a fitting.
John F.

Post by John F. »

But wouldn't it go way, way before 500 psi anyway? So basically it wouldn't matter what valve for pressure relief because either way something else lets go, and its basically a bleeder valve?
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Hydnautic/Teleflex is a hopeless disaster as far as getting any help from. Call Charman Enterprises at 1-800-247-6324 on anything Hydnautic and ask to speak to their tech guy. Tell him what you have and then your question about the valves. You'll have your answer and/or another solution in a minute. Charman should have bought Hydnautic instead of Teleflex. I told that to the CEO of Teleflex after calling their service department three times and never got a call back. Wrote him a real nasty letter that got me a personal call from him on a Saturday morning with a thousand apologies. Glad to see they haven't improved. It feels good to be right. Walter
John F.

Post by John F. »

Thanks Walter. I called and they recommended the 900 psi valve. The guy was very helpful.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I called them in Ohio with a leaking ram problem. They told me to send it to them. It was sent and back to me by Friday. Installed and functional for Saturday's fishing. It doesn't get more professional than that. AND it's an American company, which Teleflex is not. Walter
Carl

Post by Carl »

Huh...and I was told Not to Keep my 900psi Valve when I added a second station using the Nylon lines.
John F.

Post by John F. »

Sim

Got me--already ordered the 900 though..........
Carl

Post by Carl »

Great, glad it will work for you and save you some $$.