Fundraising idea

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

TailhookTom

Fundraising idea

Post by TailhookTom »

A client of mine just started a new business -- Art Stamps. The company has a contract with U.S. Postal authorized printer to produce custom postage stamps. Concept is your kid, grandkid, or whomever, draws something and then it is reproduced into postage. Cost of a sheet of stamps is $20 -- of which $7.80 goes to postage, $3 goes to the organization, and the rest goes to my client to cover printing, handling and shipping. He is not doing this so much to make a lot of money, he is a Sr. VP at a major company here in CT -- this is something he came up with to play with his kids.

Website is:

www.myartstamps.com

I am NOT trying to make money for my client, I am thinking we should do a Bertram 31 stamp and send the proceeds to Capt. Patrick for running this fine sandbox. Question is, do we do one generic Bertram 31 stamp? Our own boats, or a combination of the above.

Let me know what you think.

Tom
neil

Post by neil »

i think its a great idea neil
nic

Post by nic »

Top idea! Suggest name and age of the boat on each stamp rather than the artist, though that could be fun for the big kids. Looks like it's ready to go now. Love to get some.

Nic
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Small prob, whenever this type of thing happens the boat in the shot is an FBC or SF and we, the few, the brave, the express owners have to buy what's available and explain, "well, you see, there were several different models and . . . "
I'd buy'em anyway if it supports the sandbox.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Poor Mikey!!! You bought the wrong model!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
neil

Post by neil »

the shirts we had made for oakbluffs included all six models you can use that if it would make you feel better
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

We can do a stamp of each model -- no extra cost involved - and proceeds go to Capt. Patrick for operating this sandbox. You can do your own boat if you want. Whatever you want can be done.
Hyena Love

Hyena Stamp?

Post by Hyena Love »

Hey, how about a Hyena stamp? I would buy a sheet myself, if not a few sheets.

Of course, I would like to use a photo of a well maintained, clean, not recently slammed into a dock Hyena. Do they include any of that Playboy style airbrushing out the defects and warts service?
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

So hyena butt boy, if you bought a few sheets, would that make you full of sheet?
scot

Post by scot »

I think Thudddd is jealous, he naturally would want to retain the honor of being the most full of sheet. It's settled...Thudddd should place the largest order.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

Scot, it's common knowlege that I'm full of sheet, xcepting when da judge is in da house(seems like ever since I won those tony Hawk gangsta shorts in the " the airline lost all my lugage" contest, I've started talking like I'm from the hood)