flexiteek

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

charlie falkenstein

flexiteek

Post by charlie falkenstein »

has anyone used FLEXITEEK for any projects, winter is coming and i need my annual bertram project.
i want to do my cabin and v berth floor and have been reading about this product online, or are there any similar products that is recommended.

thanks
charlie falkenstein
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Charlie-There is a teak and holly product made by Amtico that glues down in strips that you might look into.
charlie falkenstein

walter
thanks, going to do some leg work on that product.

happy thanksgiving!
DavidDW

Post by DavidDW »

Hi Charlie,

I am based in Sydney Australia and have spent a fair bit of time researching the product for use throughout my boat.

I have a friend that took his 40'er to Cairns to fish the marlin season living onboard for 4 months. They used it in the head and are very happy with the performance of it.

So far I have been convinced that it will be fine to use internally. Its easy stuff to lay, easy to keep clean and looks pretty good (you can have flexiteak send a sample out to you).
charlie falkenstein

thanks for the input, i had flexiteek send me a sample already
thanks
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Charlie,
I have seen it demo before and seems to be a great product and is a sandable product to make it look new again. Not a inexpensive product, but what is if its a good. I went with Amtico over it because of price per sq ft. but looks great.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Goodgrief

Post by Goodgrief »

Flexi-teak was instaled on a boat I skippered two years ago. It was removed last year. It failed at the joints, every four inch or so. This was on cockpit of a 65 Hatteras sport fish in Seattle. Since then I have looked at more boats with it and found the same pattern.