Eastern LI Sound Stripers?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

John F.

Eastern LI Sound Stripers?

Post by John F. »

I'll be in Mattituck this weekend at my parents house for my Mom's 81st b-day. My Dad's boat is still in the water, but I really don't want to take it far from Mattituck inlet. If I bring up trolling stuff, are there fish around by the inlet? Thanks.

John F.

Its really starting to heat up on the Bay for smaller fish (mid-30"), but I've been busy at work and haven't fished in weeks.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

John, there are fish around and working the beaches on both sides if the inlet should produce fish. There are many fish outside our inlet and if you would like to take a ride and catch them feel free to call me 631 457 2587
neil

Post by neil »

john take brewster up on his offer he is a class act
randall

Post by randall »

what neil said.

my theory is if you want to catch fish.....its really easy. find out who the good fishermen are and go fishing with them.......it almost always works. mike and i are planning to be in hampton bays on sunday to pull his boat. maybe we can all get together for something.

happy b'day to mom!!
John F.

Post by John F. »

Thanks for the replies. Brewster, I'd love to fish with you, butI called and my Dad wants to fish his boat in Mattituck and my Mom expressed her feelings, as only a Mom can do, that I, and more importantly, my son/her grandson, stay close and fish for as little time as possible. Sometimes you got to go along to get along. Hopefully, you'll give me a raincheck.

John
Mack

Post by Mack »

John-
Caught some nice keepers over my way last week but did not see any 30"s. Where have you seen them?
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"
John F.

Post by John F. »

Supposedly, TPL south along the Western Shore to Ches. Beach. A couple guys out of QAM have caught some nice fish--low 40s". I haven't been out, so I haven't seen anything actually caught. I'd get out if I could though.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

John,

Have a great time this weekend and if you'd like lets fish on 11-11? I start work on 11-9 but have 11-11 off ;) anybody else in the area is welcome. If you'd like I'll take my boat to annap and we can go from there.

Charis the time and obey the requests ( my Mom's 81 as well....)

Shoot me an e-mail or give me a call 410-218-4886, johndunker@yahoo.com

br,
JohnD
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

John you better do what MOM says. I dont want to get hit by lightning.
John F.

Post by John F. »

We got out for about 2 hours Saturday late afternoon. I had brought stuff up for stripers, but we ran into a school of 8-10+Lb. blues about a mile from the inlet. We caught 7 in the hour plus we fished, with my Dad (age 84) bringing in 2 on the biggest spinning rod we had--all the rest were caught on real light spinning rods (stradic 2500s w/10 lb. test). My kid and sister's boyfriend (rest of the crew) had a blast. My Dad, who likes blues as much as anything, said it was some of the most enjoyable fishing he's ever had--that was enough for me. Thanks for the advice/offers guys.