Kids say the darndest things

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harry Babb

Kids say the darndest things

Post by Harry Babb »

A six year old goes to the hospital with her grandmother to visit her Grandpa.

When they get to the hospital, she runs ahead of her Grandma and bursts into her Grandpa's room... "Grandpa, Grandpa," she says excitedly, "As soon as Grandma comes into the room, make a noise like a frog!"

"What?" said her Grandpa.

"Make a noise like a frog - because Grandma said that as soon as you croak, we're all going to Disneyland !!!"
hb
Carl

Post by Carl »

That they do.

Not a joke but kind of funny...

Sunday we are going to beach on buds boat with his inlaws. Nothing all that new as Jo-Anns' parents come out fairly often and my kids know them well.

So Jo's in the Marinas lot with Jessica, (my youngest daughter at 5). Car pulls into lot and they go to greet them, just before they get there Jess asks if she can tell Jo something. Jo says "Of Course" and Jess says "I don't want you to feel bad, but your Parents Really Freak Me Out!!!" Jo's taken back, but parents are right there and she doesn't repond. Jess gives them a nice hello and a peck on the cheek.

We spend all day together then Jess goes up with Jo at the end of the day to see them off. Soon as the parents car door close, Jess says " Well They Didn't Freak Me Out So-Much Today".

Okay sorry I thought it was funny...

Carl
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I've had a good life...done some pretty cool stuff but the one thing that my wife Jo Ann and I have done really well is have 2 of dem chilrens and now our little chilrens have blessed us with 5 more little chilrens.

I love my family more than anything else...with that having been said...we see one another nearly every day or so and we are in constant contact with the grandchilrens.

My daughter is a nurse and obviously works with a lot of other nurses/mothers....and they trade "Kid Stories" all of the time.

Angie told one Sunday that seems to fit the theme of this post...and it was told to be true....

While at a birthday party recently a little girl went up to her father and pointed out that a little boy was using "Bad Words". Angies friend, questioned his daughter and asked her what the little boy was saying....the little girl told him that she could not repeat the word. So from there the father asked her if it by chanced rhymed with "Duck" the little girl said no.....so the father thinking well it may not be so bad told his daughter to go on and play.

Well a few minutes later the little girl comes running back to her dad and announces that the little boy is talking bad again only this time knowing how her dad thinks she is prepared for him......she tells her dad that the "Bad Word" rhymes with BUCKET.......

Harry
hb
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

All our chilrens done all growed up almost Harry, but with 3 out of 4 being girls. Maybe one day will come when we gonna have a litter of grand chilrens running around.
I'm gonna be looking for my R/C, and telling my wife, well baby look at all these grand chilrens. You ready tak'em camping in the great outdoors. LOL!

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

As long as we are going to have a string of grandkids comments here...

When my grandson was about 4 his other grandparents came to his house for a couple of days. One night after supper his other grandfather, after having a big meal and a couple of glasses of wine went into the living room and promptly fell asleep in front of the TV. A while later the rest of the family went into the same room.. by this time the grandfather was snoring rather loudly. My grandson had never seen anyone snore.. and was fascinated with the noise. After standing in front of his grandfather for a few moments he went over to his grandmother with a very serious look on his face and said.. "Nanna.. I think Pop is broken!"
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Well here it goes....

When my nephew was about 5 years old, he used to go with grandpa (my father) to the shopping center with some frequency........on one of the visits grandpa was out of sight (i.e. lost) from nephew........nephew walk all the way to the security station and knocked on the door.....security guard comes out and asks him what happened and he answered: "granpa is lost again"......he is 15 now and still recalls those days......
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I really enjoy reading you guys funny Kids stories.......they provide a continuous line of entertainment.......

I think grand children is our reward for not having killed their parents.....

Harry
hb
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Harry,

My son Shawn comes out with some dandy comments...lately when we play video games he tells me..."bring it on old man"..he's only nine..im 43..when he was little he couldnt say truck...sounded alot like #uck...teachers head would spin...thank goodness he grew out of that..Those Pecans were out of this world...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

These guys do come up with funny stuff....

My 13 year old grandson told me last week that he must have gotten his "Smarts" from his dad.......because, he said "Mom still has hers"

Ofcourse I had to laugh...they are just to funny

Harry
hb