Gettin' psyched for the Rendezvous!!!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Gettin' psyched for the Rendezvous!!!

Post by Dug »

Ok, as the only member of the faithful who has yet to miss a shindig, I am getting pretty psyched for this rendezvous in Pt. Judith.

I am excited for the new venue, and I know Giff has been busting his tail to get this put together for all of us to enjoy. As an experienced rendezvous organizer, I think he is doing a great job, and it is going to be a really good, honest get together.

IF you are on the fence, and thinking of coming, well...do it!!!!

If you have not expressed interest to him in shirts or dinner, please do. He is trying to keep the ball rolling, and could use the inputs...

Lookin' forward to seeing everyone!!!!

Dug
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

This past weekend we finished up another successful Mid-Atlantic Rendezvous. The weather Wed. was fine for several of us who got the party started. The guys who came from the north through a developing tropical depression had a good trip. The rain and thunderstorms were a distraction. John D pushed off from Cape may a little latter then he should have. John blew out a porthole and stopped a little short. Lady D did arrive on Saturday; after John had a chance to repair the window and change his shorts.
The weather man blew the forecast Sunday. It was supposed to be really $hitty going to small craft. The ride home was easy and the seas actually improved through the day.
Thanks all for a great time, sorry for a few hangovers; but I did not hold a gun to your head!

If you are thinking of going to the NE Rendezvous just go. It will be fun. I get the impression some of you guys in the northeast are afraid to run your boats out of the sight of land. Bit the bullet and go you can't beat the fellowship with like minded folks.
By the way we had some Blackfin owners. One of the Blackfin owner's girlfriend bought a little pink "Bertram Girl" tee shirt. Pictures to follow.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Dug, If you guys need a hand on friday getting things ready drop me a line. Will be heading to Pt Judith on friday.
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?