Water Inlets

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

gplume

Water Inlets

Post by gplume »

One of the projects on my list that i did not get to this year was replacing my engine water inlets, sea cocks, and stainers. Ran out of time and $$ so I cleaned out my OEM issue ones as best I could, and before I could spray any paint up the inlet, got launched (a little miscommunication with my yard.) Anyway, 2 months into the season I an noticing my Port side runs about 15 degrees hotter than starboard. Threw a mask on and went down to look at the inlets. Stuffed full of barnacles. Did the best I could one breath at a time with a hack saw blade to clean things out. Now running just a few degrees hotter on the port side.

Anybody got any ideas on how to keep these clean short of hauling out and blowing some paint through the strainer?

Is it normal for the port side to run a little hotter. I have a country mile of hose to the pump on the port side vs nearly strait in in the starboard side.

I figure this must be a common problem in southern/warmer waters so any suggestions appreciated.
Giff
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Gif, I wonder if prop speed would work prior to launch? In the water may be a tough fix....keep scraping...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Use the boat more! LOL!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31