Cape May

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

makomike1

Cape May

Post by makomike1 »

Was hoping someone could help me by telling me how many hours it would take me to go from Middle river Md to Cape May, New Jersey. or from the northern entrance of the C & D Canal to cape May. I will be cruising @ 21knots. Going to go up there for vacation next week. Trying to fiqure time and gas.
Thanks for the help.
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

Not sure about that, but some tuna are showing up on the 19 fathom lump.
http://Www.GT-lures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John C

middle river to cape may

Post by John C »

I bought a boat in the fall of 2007 and went from the middle river to south jersey marina in cape may in 4 hours..22 knot cruise flat calm day.
ed c.

Post by ed c. »

If the wind is blowing 15 to 20 kts. from the SE your time will more than double. The waves stack up in a short time period. When you do get to Cape May, you will probably have to tighten all the fastners.
4' to 5' waves in Delaware Bay is no place to be if you are driving into the waves. Good Luck
STeveZ

Post by STeveZ »

Hey Mike,

Is this your boat on Sue Creek?

FWHaas3

Cape May

Post by FWHaas3 »

I did the trip from South River to Cape May with a 1 hour stop for lunch at Schaefers in 7 hours cruising at about 21 knots. From Middle river to Cape May without a stop is probably closer to 5-51/2 hours.

I also got beat up crossing Delaware Bay, which could slow you down if you are heading in to it.

It's really a nice ride up the Chesapeake, but can get nasty crossing Delaware Bay.

Fred Haas
Frederick W. Haas
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

John F and I have done that trip many times over the years on Crows Nest. 4 hrs if Del Bay is smooth if its rough it can take 6+. This is in a boat with a 27knt cruise. I'm a few miles further South than you on the Magothy River above Annapolis.
I grew up to be the person my parent's warned me about.
makomike1

Post by makomike1 »

STEVE Z That is not mine. I keep my boat in Seneca creek @ porters marina. Where are you?
STeveZ

Post by STeveZ »

We're at the Bush River Yacht Club. We took a spin down to Middle River on the Fourth. I'm pretty sure the B28 shown is called Fax Angler and we used to store at the same marina.
makomike1

Post by makomike1 »

Steve I have a 1973 28bert named REEL CLASS. I go to Fairlee creek, Tolchester, and Rock Hall a fair amt of times during the summer.
STeveZ

Post by STeveZ »

Same usual destinations here. Dock 'o the Bay makes for a nice lunch destination for us. We used to go to Rock Hall more often when we were in Middle River. I'll keep an eye out for you on the bay.

Here's me:

Harv

Post by Harv »

Doug Crowther wrote:John F and I have done that trip many times over the years on Crows Nest. 4 hrs if Del Bay is smooth if its rough it can take 6+. This is in a boat with a 27knt cruise. I'm a few miles further South than you on the Magothy River above Annapolis.
If memory serves me right, didn't my dad & I wait like 12 hours for you one year???
Harv