Diacom Marine Software??

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

STraenkle

Diacom Marine Software??

Post by STraenkle »

Has anybody used the Diacom Software for EFI engines? I was thinking about getting it. At $800 it could pay for itself with only a couple of visits to a mechanic. I was also wondering if it gave fuel flow info for a Mercruiser 496.
Scott Traenkle
alano

Post by alano »

Scott, I bought it 4 years ago when I put the Merc 496s in. That version needed a serial port/Win 95 on the laptop. I haven't tried the USB/Serial cable on the my new Vista laptop. It is pretty good I would assume (no other diagnostic experiance). I diagnosed two failed sensors and replaced them, found the throttle was only opening 80% after installation. It does give fuel burn and allows many troubleshooting tests, however I installed Livorsi gauges w/Smartcraft and cabling for fuel managment which is really the way to go. If you're installing the engines and want use the Smartcraft, you'll need to set one engine to port which also can be done with the software. Best Regards, Alan.
Alan Ormond
1973 35'
Va Beach, VA
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Scott,
Forget the software and just get the scan tool. Same company Rinda technologies.

Its what I use for EFI gas and I just upgrade the chips when hew systems come out. It reads all the makes(all use GM).

It also reads fuel flow.

Laptops are sensitive to banging and moisture. I know I'm on my 3rd one.