OTR Transport

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Jareb

OTR Transport

Post by Jareb »

Does anyone have experience with over the road transport of a 31 with a tower? I know the tower has to come off but most towers I have seen look to be one or two pieces that do not really come apart. How do they get the boat and the tower to you? Is it taken off and strapped into the boat somehow or is it usually shipped separately?
Thanks
John
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Some are hinged and some are "pinned" into permanent bases and come off when the pins (actually thru-bolts) are removed. Problems sometimes occur when cables and/or wiring have been snaked through, thus inhibiting where and how the tower can be lowered. Most importantly, there is a height of 13'6" that cannot be exceeded because of a standard created by the height of telephone and electrical lines strung almost everywhere. Walter
Buju

Post by Buju »

John,

I think the best bet would be to remove the tower and put the 31 and the tower on a flatbed semi trailer simultaneously... or something along those lines.

This wouldn't be the nicley equipt 31 w/ the full tower and cummins for a real, real good price that is/was in Tavernier (Islamorada) around mm89 would it?

If so, congrats.
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
Jareb

Post by Jareb »

Walter,
Thanks for the reply....I figured that they must come apart to some degree, but didnt know exactly how.
Buju,
I had my eye on one in Connecticut; thats why I asked about OTR transport. I didnt know about the one in Islamorada. Is it listed by a broker or for sale privately?
Thanks
John
Buju

Post by Buju »

John,
They actually have two B31's for sale. The one I posted the pic of is not as cosmetically nice as the other, more of an offshore machine loaded with equipment... kinda a "meat wagon" if ya will... The other is seriously set up as well, but really finished off nicely with a beautiful full size f.chair, it's roughly twice the price. They're both diesel powered, and both have towers. I'll send you a pm with some contact info for both myself and the last info I have of the owners. They're both in the water, in the same canal here on Plantation Key...
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.