cabin and v-berth ceiling

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

cabin and v-berth ceiling

Post by bob lico »

i an trying to move forward on the finishing of the interior in particular the ceiling. the new boats like cabo have a " metal t-track" when you install leatherette you tuck the material into the track with a stiff putty knife . the ceiling has no screws or buttons showing just straight line where the material tucks in. rolls are 3' wide so this tee track is put 3' on center . i cannot for the life of me find this trak anywhere don`t even know the proper name but it is oem on luhrs 41' .-help
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Buju

Post by Buju »

Bob, with your connections at work... Can't you simply contact Luhrs and ask them if they'd provide the contact info for the vendor/manuf?
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
JK

Post by JK »

If you can't find out who makes it google Jersey Cape yachts and shoot Genine or Wayne an email and they will let you know. I watched them install exactly what you are describing and it does look great. They had a plastic track and used a staple gun to tack the track to the wood then rolled, stretched and put in the fabric with a putty knife, or what looked like a pizza cutter.

--JK
alano

Post by alano »

bob, take a look at the bottom of this page, let me know if this what you're talking about as I'm doing the v-berth on my 35. Br, Alan.

http://www.barbourcorp.com/marine-awningtrack.htm
Alan Ormond
1973 35'
Va Beach, VA
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

gentlemen thanks for the quick answer i should have not thrown you off course with the metal t -track because it is not matel it is in fact plastic,but the color of metal . installed with a pizza cutter thats it and can be removed to get out wiring and then reinstalled.buju anytime you contact a dealer to acquire a product that they buy you run into a time factored. the top of the line boats like everglade`s has the best seats and cushions i have ever seen and it just so happens they are made on long island . they driver seat is a power seat with the logo embossed on it with a keyed console compartment between seats. i attempted to put this on the bridge of my 31 but they make it special for everglades and the set up was 4" to wide (plus the logo) had i known the manafacturer at the time i would have went there all and all it is best not to go thru a third party.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bob

Don't forget to post Pics. Would love to see how it works out for you.
Buju

Post by Buju »

I hear ya Bob. But what i meant was not to contact the dealer, but the manufacterer (Luhrs or Jersey Cape like JK said), and ask for the extension
straight to the guy in charge of materials purchasing. Might have to do a little legwork, but it shouldn't take too long before you've got your answer. I've done similar things successfully...usually get transfered 3 or 4 times, and you've got your answer.
Looks like Alan has got it for you though...Barbour corp.
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
scot

Post by scot »

On the topic of interior ceilings, I am considering standard cabinet grade material. I wanted to do a mahogany panel on the ceiling. If I saturated the back side with epoxy resin and varnished the face, would it hold up to the moisture?....or would it require a "marine grade"?
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0