engine install

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

John

I am sure Capt. Pat or Bruce will jump in but I just had the 270's installed in my 75. Replaced the 454's, the Cummins dealer had a special elbow made up so it would fit.

I am not sure but you may also want to check with Tony Athens at Boat diesel.com to see if he has one already made up.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

John
I turned my port turbo upside down putting the exhaust discharge towards the outboard side of the engine......then I built a 4" thick intake box that will just barely clear the engine box.

My pipes are out being insulated right now....and I do not have any pictures yet. I am about ready to start painting my engine compartments then I will set the engines for the last and final time....I will get pictures then.

If you do choose to flip the turbo upside down, you will have to move the heat exchanger forward 2-1/2", modify the oil return tube and the coolant pipes that connect to the heat exhanger.......I personally prefer doing the plumbing mods over fiberglass any day.....just because my fiberglass skills leave a lot to be desired........it requires some effort but I thought it would be worth it.

Harry
hb