RejeX Question

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tommy

RejeX Question

Post by Tommy »

Hey Guys,

Remind me of the best way to strip RejeX from the hull of the boat. We used it on Island Girl and we were very pleased with how it performed and held up. We got two years of service from one application (however, Island Girl lived under a covered slip). Her new owner is getting ready to "haul, clean and polish" her, and I want to be sure that James understands that RejeX is a different animal from regular wax.

Thanks,

Tommy
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Tommy,

3M Finesit II will or Collinite Fiberglass Boat Cleaner (#920) will both remove the Rejex, but still leave a semi-polished surface... Finesit II would be my choice.

Br,

Patrick
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I used Meguiar's cleaner wax. Now last spring I did one side of the boat with Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 and one side with Rejex; two coats each. Meguiar's won. This year the whole boat went back to Meguiar's.
I also started using Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax on the top sides for a very quick easy shine. Just spray it on and wipe. Oh so easy!!!
DRIFTER31

Post by DRIFTER31 »

Charlie is that on paint or gelcoat finish on your boat
Kill Em All ......Let God Sort Em Out
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

1984 Gelcoat on a 35B. The rejex side was dull while the Meguiar's side still had a shine. The Rejex seems to attract dirt. It took two cleanings to get it all. You could really see where the Rejex was still attached after the first cleaner wax application.