Sunset marina restoration job

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JimmyG

Sunset marina restoration job

Post by JimmyG »

I was at Sunset marina OC last weekend for a tournament and was walking around the marina when I came across a 31 restoration job...does anyone know this person? I just wanted him to know I noticed his strut pads looked like they were delimitating at the corners like mine did he might want to check it out before the deck goes back in.
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Saw that boat during the WMO looked like it was well on its way
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

First thing I noticed was the oval exhaust ports...they are simaler to mine,It could be my imagination but I noticed a lot less black exhaust on my transom.
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Less smoke cause of the oval? Or did you move them outboard too? Regardless I like the look of the oval's better.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
makomike1

Sunset Marina Restoration

Post by makomike1 »

I saw the same 31 bert. a few weeks ago, I stopped looked at it and looked like the guy was just there. I waited about 1/2 hour to an hour hoping to speak with him but no luck. Has anyone besides me noticed that there are not many 28 or 31 Berts in O.C. Md. at one time there were a few but seems like they have vanished. Now there are alot of Carolinas and Albermarles in those sizes.
Makomike
JK

Post by JK »

Could be Chuck R's boat. Forget his last name and also forget the name of the boat. Last I saw it was close to the shed getting the pod and windows glassed in...must have been 3 seasons ago?

--JK