BlueFin in Oregon Inlet, NC

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt.Frank

BlueFin in Oregon Inlet, NC

Post by Capt.Frank »

On Sunday had one of the best days of fishing in my life. Went Bluefin fishing with my brother. A friend of his mates on the A-Salt-Weapon out of Pirates Cove. This was little shake down trip before the season. Seas were alittle rough swell 5-10'. Found the break and Bluefin every where, put 6 lines out and had 4 fish hooked up in 5 min, only boated 3. But by noon we where 16 for 19 knockdowns. All the fish were between 100- 175#. We did see some big fish but either broke off or missed the fish.
Ended the day 21 for 33 BFT. Brought home a 125# for some fresh Sushi.
By the end of the day the four of us reeling were beat. Watching those fish swimming on top chashing bonita was AWSOME. This is probably the best bluefin fishing in 10 years down here. The boys in morehead wish it was this good back in jan.
I hope they make there up north and get fatter for next year. I hope you guys have some good fishing this spring and summer.

Frank
1976 FBC
3208 NA
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Congrats Capt. Frank on taken all that fun punishment, it don't hurt until the day with all that fun. Turbo charge size BF.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
randall

Post by randall »

nice!!
Mack

Post by Mack »

I know how you feel with the bluefin. Back around 96/97 when the action was last hot off Oregon and Hatteras, I went down several times to chase them. Even got my wife to go out on a beautiful calm day. We did stand up gear (about 10 of us) on the Miss Hatteras headboat. Great memories. Lots of pictures and lots of sushi...
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"
John F.

Post by John F. »

Congrats...sounds like a dream day.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

capt. frank coming out of a terrible winter for many reasons all i could say is------- damm!! i wish i was with you!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Bob,
I wish you could be here also. My brother went again yesterday 19 for 23.
Awsome fishing. I hope the YF is as good the BF bite this spring, heading to the hill next week getting ready for the summer.

Frank
1976 FBC
3208 NA