It's almost fishin' time- ID the angler-

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

John Jackson

It's almost fishin' time- ID the angler-

Post by John Jackson »

Alright, summer is right around the corner. This was at the Lindenkohl last summer. Can anyone ID the angler:[img][img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k293/ ... 8-1-08.jpg[/img][/img]
Matt29

Post by Matt29 »

Although I haven't met any of you in person, I've been hanging around this board for awhile. I'm not sure, but is that JP? I'm pretty sure I recognize that teak around the cockpit from previous posts. That teak is beautiful. Damn, I can't wait for the weather to turn.

Matt
Toms River, NJ
Keeping my hands full and my wallet empty.
Buju

Post by Buju »

Nice 'hoo JPD...
fire up the grill ...or...
get out the wasabi ...or...
heat the oil in the pan.
Either way, great fight and great eats

Speakin of good eats, my son and I took the frame net down to the cut for the last hour of the outgoing last night... can't think of a much better way to spend an hour with your child.
The bycatch is what he digs... we talked about/demonstrated:
* the trigger defense mechanism on triggerfish,
*the migration pattern of american eels (everyone down here seems to think they're "snakes"),
*that an inflated porcupine fish is harmless to handle,
* seahorses can do cool things w/ their prehensile tail.

I dig the shrimp... yum.
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

Was that Adam's cut, comin down next weekend, use to shrimp whale harbor, nice , Bill
Bill
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

drop dead gorgeous teak both the covering boards and the chair along with no cockpit side panels make it look like a million bucks ,the best of the best ---------rybo style
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

didnt reconize him with out the hat
Buju

Post by Buju »

Was that Adam's cut
Sure 'nuff was... I used to go thru the hassle of launching/pulling a boat (don't live on the water) and fightin the weather just to see if they're running or not.
But now I just throw the net in the truck, hop in and drive a mile to the cut. Tie it off, chuck the net over the edge, wait 5 mins.... if they're in there, great. If not, no big deal... drive home, put net away. Done...much easier.

BTW Bill... about a month or so back i was going thru Snake Creek by the CG station and happened to see the unmistakable silouhette of a B31. So's I naturally detoured, and made my way over to check out Sea Chelle... Wow. I remember you posting the pics of her, but damn man... up close, in person... Real, real nice job Bill.

JP, when I first looked at that pic, I didn't even realize that was in a B31... The teakwork in Chimera is top shelf.
What thickness is the cockpit sole? Looks substantial... enough to provide a good gutter on the edge. Is there any crown to it?
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

No firefly & crystal lemonade in hand? Ah must get picture of fish first, then we celebrate.
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

That's a great memory. The great thing about finally having your own boat is that these type of memories are yours. Not the boss's or some charter captains. Success and failure and your own hands, it doesn't get any better than that. After working for others all my life, pictures like this make it easy to realize why I'm part of this boat. Thanks for posting John

BUJU: The deck is a finished 1". It sits on a glassed in ledge and this inch becomes the gutter. The aft rake is fairly significant versus stock however the crown is very slight. No puddles to worry about.

DQ: This was pre firefly and crystal. However there was plenty of Captain on the boat for the ride home, gotten to the point we carry a clean ice cooler now. Remember AA is for quitters, we're professional.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

JP Dalik wrote:
BUJU: The deck is a finished 1". It sits on a glassed in ledge and this inch becomes the gutter. The aft rake is fairly significant versus stock however the crown is very slight. No puddles to worry about.
Wow, that cockpit is really special. You should be very proud of that.