small boat big ocean

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

The old why check the weather before we go out.
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

They said on news (in Lauderdale) this AM that the wave heights at times were 14 ft (yikes) ... seemed excessive, but it was a Coastie that said it. Winds were out of the west on Sunday and they had small craft advisory on the east coast, so if they were getting same wind on west coast ... YOW ! I think it's all part of same system dumping snow all aong the coast.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

They found the boat with one of the guys clinging on. The other three were separated... http://www.wftv.com/news/18835257/detail.html

It was blowing like a banchee this weekend... can't believe they went out.

PaulJ
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

They wer anchored 35 mi out?
Buju

Post by Buju »

They wer anchored 35 mi out?
Walter, gotta go a looong way out on the W. FL coast to get to any deep water...
I believe guys regularly run 60+ miles to bottom fish... I know the "famed" middle grounds off SW FL are a decent run out there.
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

In takes a long 60 + nm to get to deep water on the west coast of FL off Clearwater and with the wind blowning like it did Saturday evening into Sunday night with swells going across the Gulf into the West Coast builds very large waves coming from deep water up on to a shelf like the west coast has, would not have wanted to be in those water conditions at all.
The old why check the weather before we go out.
How very true, doesn't look good for the others not found yet, The one that was found has one heck of a story to tell.
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/a1d_123824486 ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/a1d_1238244865" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>