Bermuda Project coming along

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bermuda Brother

Bermuda Project coming along

Post by Bermuda Brother »

Pat and Brethren,
The bermuda rebuild is coming right along. Bought loads of stuff at the Miami Boat show -NextGen gen, 1200 btu Webasto AC (should have asked you guys first), Xantrex 2500 inverter/charger and even a new toilet.

I've imported all the Imron paint and primer, soundown and nicer engine mounts are on the way as are some tacky Ocean underwater lights to cap it all off. The Glasstech cockpit and platform are also on the way.

Gonna spray her Oyster white with black stripe and bottom (with Imron!)

Will be needing a new windscreen rubber and other parts though.

I would like to get little steps that fit on the rear cabin struts, and some of the chrome plated bronze 60 degree stanchion bases and Tee's to re chrome. I don't like the stainless versions available. Also still needing the original tank fittings as the ones to mine have been lost in time and space.

Hope somebody out there can help out with these items as trying to get her ready for the water at least for April!

Got a good guy working on her who shows up on time and actually thinks when he runs into a problem. All of the cockpit floor substructure is made from beams of 3/4 inch Divinycell and laid up with biaxial and epoxy -no rot here ever.

Time is getting short now for the big splash. Will send pics at some point.

Sincerely,
JJ
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I also put a Webasto in mine last summer. I think it is 8 or 9000, can't remember. I have a very open cabin in my 28 so did not use much ducting off the blower motor. It will get very cold even when it is ninety outside. At night when it is about 85 outside that little thing will get it to about 68ish inside. Start up amps is only 9. 150 feet of extension cord can handle it. Happy with it despite where it is manufactured.
Bermuda Brother

Hey thanks Kevin.
I was worried as some of those sales guys at the boat show will say anything to sell something. He said it worked as good as a 16btu. I have a friend with a 12btu of another label in his sedan in Bermuda and it struggles a bit on a hot day here. The wabasto is supposed to have a more powerful blower for its size and has the soft start up Samsung compressor.

Well we'll see, just hoping for the best!

i am now getting psyched that she is finally coming together as she's been up on blocks for about 6 years. she will have been totally gutted and rebuilt with TLC. I am putting a NextGen in her although am going to keep the original ice box she came with. Re-chroming all of the original hardware. She should look nice.

JJ
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Some pics?
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

way to go jj, lets see some pics as you progress, import tax has to be killing you, whats it up to now
Bermuda Brother

Hey yeah! Import duty on boats and marine goods has actually just been lowered in Bermuda for the first time that I can remember. It has just gone down to 22.5% from 55%!!!

All to do with the recession but boat duty was an odd tax to cut we all think.

But we ain't complaining!!!!!

JJ