36%
Month of June
14%

Total votes: 14

Capt. DQ

Gulf Coast Rendezvous Location Poll

Post by Capt. DQ »

Ok Gang,

This pole is to determine which location the majority wants to have this gathering at, arriving either by boat - car - or flying in to attend so plans can be put together now.

If you are seriously considering coming...please vote the pole. Then post your in and your mode of transportation so we can figure how many boat slips, etc.

And YES there is going to be offshore fishing trips, grilling & frying fish, Canjun steam shrimp, and flavored drinks going on also.

Thanks,
DQ
Last edited by Capt. DQ on Feb 26th, '09, 10:00, edited 6 times in total.
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I'm in..........the only conflict is that my class reunion this year is June 20th

I will arrive in a canoe sporting a new Bertram Bow Chock....just kidding! ! !

Pensacola is just fine with me.....

Harry
hb
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

I voted for June but P sounds great to me. I'll drive and pick up Harry enroute.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Eddy G

Post by Eddy G »

I'd like to join you guys. I will be in Orange Beach, Pensacola, and Destin by boat from May 16th thru the 23rd. If fuel prices don't go crazy, a short trip back in June would work for me. Unless you are looking for a fishing get together, there's more to do in the P Cola, OB area.

Eddy G.
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

Depending on work schedule, I'm up for it. Will be arriving via the Hyena.

If its in Florida, I would show up via truck and hang out.
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

How long of a run from Sarasota to Pensacola? The Bahia Mar will be down there so I might convince my dad to make a run with it.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

jspiezio,
How long of a run from Sarasota to Pensacola?
Its about 350nm to Pensacola.

R,
DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

I am in! My vote would be P'cola or Orange Beach area.
Capt. Mac Creech

Post by Capt. Mac Creech »

Doug, I'll vote for Pensacola or Orange Beach. John would probably let us use the clubhouse. Mac
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Good idea Mac, that would be great spot for cook outs and gathering. Just as soon as a few others that chimed in before about wanting to come will go ahead and vote on the location, then I could proceed on that.

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
kipp

Gulf Coast Rendevous

Post by kipp »

Any of the faithfull fishing the gulf tournaments? Mobile Big Game Fishing Club has a 32 and under tournament July 24-26. Seems like one of us should do well in that. Maybe that could be our rendevoue weekend. Several condos in OB have boat slips,and I bet Cobalt restaurant would love the exposure. "Targeted Species" will be in the Memorial Day tournament in OB, Cajun Canyons in Venice the next weekend, and the Limited tournament for sure. Love to see some of the faithfull at these.
Kipp
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Kipp,

There's a new fishing club in Orange Beach called, "Orange Beach Sportfishing Club" which will probably have some nice fun tournaments in June which would be not as expensive as MBGFC small boat tournament but have cash prize categories for Billfish & Wahoo, Tuna, Dolphin.

Will keep you updated as we need to go ahead and chose the place for our get together and it looks like its going to be here in P'cola as Orange Beach is right next door.

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Ok Gang, P'cola is the place of choice by vote. So if you are really seriously considering coming to P'cola, please post your intent if your coming for dates to be determined, a weekend in June, just let me know which weekend is better for you besides fathers day weekend. Just as soon as people post with a intent with a phone # PM to me, I will contact you and inform you whats happening and where lodging will be and post a schedule for arrival on a Thursday and fish on Friday and Saturday and return home on Sunday sometime or Monday, your choice. We will try to put some people up with people that have extra room at home.

We want to be fishing prior to June 21st because of the equinox change on the 21st of June. Dirty water usually pushes in from the west after the 21st of June and requires a longer run offshore. Inshore fishing does not matter for color, bottom fishing the fish are always biting. Bluewater can be reached anytime, it's usually closer prior to the 21st. We need to make arrangments for room and board for people coming in from outta-town, if we don't have enough room to put everybody up at people's homes that are close.

R,
DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

I agree about the water, Doug.
However, we are going to Bolivia June 12-19.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Ok gang, here's what's going to happen on the date for the Gulf Coast get together. Weather & water conditions are not very favorable right now and with alot of water still coming down the river toward the Gulf, its going to be pushing the blue water further out and having to run farther offshore. This is not what we're wanting to do is run 90+ nm to get to bluewater hoping there are going to be fish there.

The weather has been really crazy this year starting off, as they had to postpone the Mobile Memorial Day Billfish Tourney to this weekend as I think Kipp & Crew on Targeted Species, was suppose to fish, but probably made the trek for not as we had a strong low pressure system flood Central Florida in certain areas and 20-40kt winds to P'cola this pass Thursday thru Saturday with rain.

John & Pam Cranston have been wanting to know also. So with so much action happening in June, we're going to push it back to the 2nd or 3rd week of September when bluewater is in closer and things have calmed down some.

I will post the exact dates as soon as I look at the Lunar stages so we don't get into a full moon weekend and everybody can plan to be here and catch some fish hopefully and bluewater will be within 25-30 nm of P'cola pass.

R,
DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

So with so much action happening in June, we're going to push it back to the 2nd or 3rd week of September when bluewater is in closer and things have calmed down some.
Calmed down some? September 16, 2004 -- Ivan

Climatological statistics: 1851 - 2005

Month . . . Number of recorded storms affecting Florida

January . . . . . . . . . . . . 0
February . . . . . . . . . . . .1
March . . . . . . . . . . . . . .0
April . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
May . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9
June . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 50
July . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .35
August . . . . . . . . . . . . 95
September . . . . . . . . .160
October . . . . . . . . . . . 117
November . . . . . . . . . . 16
December . . . . . . . . . . .2

Speaking of which.... Almost time to post this years Hurricane Board.
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

Blue Water was 15 miles off of Port Eads a couple of days ago. A friend of mine was down there last week and said the rip was inside of the 7 mile rigs. Not sure why, but even with the river high in May and June the blue water rips tend to be in very close this time of year. Last June I fished a beautiful blue water 2.5 miles off the beach. The water is only a couple of hundred feet deep there but the yellowfin and dolphin were thick chasing flying fish.

I talked to a friend of mine with a camp at Port Eads and he attended a meeting on the plans for the Port. Word is that Local, State and Feds plan to bring Port Eads back to it's previous state. I hope he's right.

JR
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Capt Patrick,

I knew that date would raise a eyebrow on some, because I know all too well exactly what Ivan did, but?....Sept. & Oct. produce some of the best Marlin fishing on the P'cola Gulf Coast and I have my fingers crossed anyway that the Gulf Coast will be spared from another disaster.

I know those are very (TALL) words speaking by the stastics that you posted. But I'm feeling pretty lucky for once that things will be OK. The worst thing, we would have to postpone. Like that has never happened before. Its all about the fun, hell we take risks every day we walk out our doors not knowing what the day brings. GOD bless us all.

JR,

I hear what your saying, I've fished LA plenty of times both winter and summer, but you still have to run down river about 30 nm. But UV started the UVI at Port Eads of OLD and I was a invited guess at the very first UVI.

So, in the spirit of Port Eads of OLD & the UVI gathering, I could not be the one to ever step out of bounds and say thats where its going to be, only UV has that authority to say that. Anyway the poll was voted to be P'cola.

R,
DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"