Repower underway

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bill Mckinnon

Repower underway

Post by Bill Mckinnon »

Well the rpower is underway and think we have all the unknowns nailed down. Had to replace the fuel tanks and am going with an aluminum one should be here in a couple weeks. There is a website if anyone interested to follw the progress

Capt. Bill McKinnon
Charleston SC

http://www.rockvillemarine.com/
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Good going, Bill...

I notice in one image the installer muscling the crane cable to keep it away from the brow. The cable can, and usually does, get close enough to the brow to do unnecessary damage to the fiberglass. A trick that I've been using over the years is to cut a section of 2" schedule 40 PVC pipe about 14" long. On the table saw, rip out enough so that the pipe will snap over the edge of the brow, covering the area where the crane cable might contact the fiberglass. Works like a charm....

John F.

Post by John F. »

Bill-

I'm guessing that you don't need my tank. I didn't know Billfish was yours--saw her near Charleston years ago when she was for sale. Nice boat.

John F.
Bill Mckinnon

Post by Bill Mckinnon »

Thanks Capt. Pat

Will get on them about that. Thanks for the advice. I am sure i will have a lot of questions for you. I am haivng a new aluminum tank built and hope it will be in soon.

John am going for a 230 gallon tank because is along way to the gulf stream out of charleston. Thanks for the offfer.

Capt. Bill
Bill Mckinnon

getting closer

Post by Bill Mckinnon »

ran one of the 31's with the 315 yanmars and had 34 knots with the sea and 32 against it. No vibrations at all. Should have the second one underway in about two weeks. So far so good

Captain Bill McKinnon
Charleston SC