outdrives

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

outdrives

Post by bob lico »

oakdale yacth took over another large marina and there were two trailers were filled with every outdrive made about 150 drives;mercruser alpha 1,alpha 1 lx,bravo 1,2,3, volvo duoprop and standard.pm me with your needs
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
DRIFTER31

Post by DRIFTER31 »

I know this is off topic but in the 70s my dads best friend had a 25Bert hardtop with two 300hp 327 chevys double hump heads and Muncie outdrives. The outdrives looked like 1957 a Chevy belairs tail with fins.Man when he opened that little Bertram up it flew and you better hold on. I loved sitting in the little fiting chair on the engine cover and listening to those smallblocks scream thru transom exhaust. We didnt have much range but 50mph in a boat that size surprised alot of other boaters
Kill Em All ......Let God Sort Em Out
ianupton

Post by ianupton »

If you put a single 496 bigblock in a B25 with counterrotating prop outdrive, you will do mid 50's WOT and cruise at greater than 2 mpg.
randall

Post by randall »

it'll do 40+ with any small block v8s......even lumbering chrysler 360 heavy duty truck engines.
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Heck I get 40 out of my twin six's, keep my head below the flybridge wind screen, half a tank of fuel and and the Mrs keeps her yap shut!

The coefficeint of drag on her yap is incredible, knocks an easy 6knts off when open at WOT!

Mark
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

marks i am still laughing that was real good!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Hey Bob business is slow, times are tough, if ya can't laugh a little.......just slit your wrists right?

M
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i have had quite a number of inquires on my e-mail and pm.i have 150 outdrives and had 5 ask for #1 drives ,this is oem for bertram 20 165 hp and bertram 25 twin 165hp.i have at least 25 of these units they will cost you 100 dollars each plus a small donation to the capt.i don`t need proof of donation you are on your on honor but i will turn the list of sales over to him.i would like to say special forces "death before dishonor" but this a new generation and i would never be able to explain myself.
i also have alpha 1,mr units and perfect LX units in mercruiser as well as bravo units the bravo 3 are sold out (all 10) also have all the volvo units. alpha units are $500.00 as many as you want.all checked out.here is a few skids of #1 drives as you can see there is one new unit.

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

That heap of PRECIOUS scrap metal sure brings back an whole lotta good memories.......I've got a lot of miles on a Mercruiser I/O conjured up from a junk pile.

To the right guy that could be Christmas in January

Harry
hb
Harry Woods

Post by Harry Woods »

Bob,
Where are the drives located? If you are not there, who should we ask for? I am out of town and will have a friend pass by and pick it up. Donation to Patrick is no problem.
Harry
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

jim is the service manager at oakdale yacth 520 shore drive,oakdale ny.
35 drives are sold already not by me 10 bravo 3 and volvo we hot.alpha drives are inside and checked out before sale with new seals and zincs
capt.bob lico
bero13010473