We are going sat in the am anyone else
jspiezio

Re: NYC Boatshow

Post by jspiezio »

neil wrote:We are going sat in the am anyone else
Will anything be there?
White Bear

Post by White Bear »

Will anyone be there? The NY show has taken such a beating in the past few years by the several changes in dates it is a real question as to attendance for 2008? We're not going!
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i don`t know about that.they gave us a 24hour window to move all the boats in set up and get out.totally booked.oh what fun flying through the city with a 32'boat on a 38' trailer and rig.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i don`t know about that.they gave us a 24hour window to move all the boats in set up and get out.totally booked.oh what fun flying through the city with a 32'boat on a 38' trailer and rig.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Harv

Post by Harv »

Bob,

I know from experience that depending on what type of show is going on at the Javitz, they give us very tight windows to unload and reload a show.
The toy show and the crafts show are 2 of the bigger events at the Javitz and we usually get 4 days in, 4 days out. Other than that, at most 1 or 2 days max. These shows are so big, that besides the Javitz, they also display at piers 89-92 at 55th - 57th streets on the West side. Believe it or not, the car show and boat show is actualy small pototoes to the convention center.
Harv
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

you also get a small window frame because of floor layout, cant let everyone come and go as they please now can they?

If you had booths where you can hand truck your goods in that would be one thing, but kind of hard to jockey boats around the convention center floor.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Last minute my buddies wife asked mine if we wanted to go, so we went, first time in sevral years. It was actually better then I had expected.

The little Bertram was somewhat disappointing in person...then again I wasn't a real fan of the in-water styling either.

Midnight Express had 5...yes five 350HP Verado's sitting on the back of her. I was gonna buy, but they wouldn't budge off the 675,000 boat show price and I just won't pay sticker price.

The Hilstrand guys (Time Bandit) from Deadliest Catch where there to meet, wife and kids wanted to see so we went...the nicest guy's you ever want to meet. They could not be nicer to my little girls, I was really taken back. Especailly after doing the meet and greet all Day Long.

All in all a good day.
Raybo Marine NY

How is it going so far Bob?

I heard one of the larger dealers here had 16 deals, obviously way off from a few years ago especially when you consider some of them wont end up going through.

That little Bertram does have a somewhat Bayliner look with those windows ?
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

robbie the everglades causes major problems unless a potential customer is determine not to go overbuget.they look at the everglades then they look at our palm beach,cobia,and the rest then back to the everglades and expect it for the same price.we traded off jupiter boats and damm near anything along side the everglades leves something to be desired.----no sir we can`t have palm beach build in clear lucite cabinets for p.f.d. check out the 32lx ----a beer chiller cmon give me a break even if i had the money i would thrown the beer in a cooler.the stupid boat even has everglades brand coolers.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Raybo Marine NY

so does that mean sales are not going well ?

the upcoming shows are very important to the local dealers, some of them may not survive once this is over
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

the only thing selling is the high end everglades .i will give you numbers at the end of show pending finance.unbelivable a 800 score just gets by.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

raybo---- sales are going wellat everglade they sold a 24',32'ex (the one with the beer cooler) and a 35'lx.they also refused one deal because they would not even consider a 2007 tournament edition fountain for trade in.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Raybo Marine NY

I would think 3 sales would not even pay for the show's expenses, better then 2 sales though!