cabo fish report

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

kipp

cabo fish report

Post by kipp »

Fished on Renegade Mike's B31 at the Golden Gate bank. Most life at sea I've ever seen. Birds ,whales,sea lions pushing bait balls, and striped marlin working the balls. With a 4 man crew( three who had never caught a marlin) we caught eleven Sat. and eight on Sun. All were 120 to 160lbs! Also caught plenty Mahi on a dead sea lion carcas(most unusual fad). Quite an experience.
kipp
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Kipp,
Kingfish and I were there in early October for a bragging rights tourney and it was off the hook then too! Whales everywhere, sea turtles, Dorado, tons of stripeys, a few sails and a blue or two.

We had fished with Redrum and they just won the big Tuna in the Los Cabos Tuna Jackpot, worth about $70,000 a few weeks after we left.

Here is a youtube link to the photo compilation, and also a photo of one of the Redrum captains (Cesar) riding a marlin! F#$king nuts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGDqqwJM1cw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-_XkmIMvcE

Enjoy,
Mark
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Kipp, was Mike aboard?
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
kipp

Post by kipp »

YEA! Mike fished with us both days. What a character. His charter business is doing very well, even though business in Cabo is way off. Got two thousand hours on the engines. I was impressed with the way the Kiwi Grip non-skid is holding up. After fishing with him in May, I was already going to use it on Tageted Species. Mike gave Salvadore a tutorial on how to apply it. Salvadore did a test run and likes it.
Andre, thanks for hooking us up with Mike. He's a fantastic charter captain,with a great boat; a good tour guide , and now a friend.
Can't wait to go back.
kipp
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Yeah, He's a trip. Glad a good time was had. His boat is really finished out for fishing Cabo and his slip is in a great spot. Next time I go I'm gonna call him for sure.
Did you bring a hand-held to communicate?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Kip,
I'm glad that ya'll had a good trip. Would you please give me Mike's contact info?
Thanks.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Me too. I'll be down there toward the end of Feb.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

renegademikesportfishing@hotmail.com

This should be his link. Maybe Kipp has his ph # handy. When I went , he told me to bring a hand-held and call him on that rather than the phone when in Cabo. Worked great, all over the city.

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
kipp

Post by kipp »

Mike's Cabo cell is 624 129 9581. No problem getting him on that. He will respond promptly to email at www.renegademikesportfishing.com
I'd call early to book him,as he's getting really popular. In fact, he's thinking about another bigger boat.Told him don't know why as us four anglers,Mike, Captain and deckhand had plenty of room. Had one stripey die on us,so in true coonass fashion had it grilled at a restaurant Mike told us to go to. A little tough but perfectly grilled and very good flavor. Had the rest smoked at a place he sent us. Brought it back, and it's better that way.
Kipp