God bless our Veterans

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

God bless our Veterans

Post by Bruce »

My sincere and heartfelt admiration and appreciation for those who have served in the military both during peace time and war time.

You are the representation of freedom and democracy around the world and make the citizens of the US proud to have you guarding and fighting for us and others.

May God bless you and keep you safe in his grace.

May God bless you with prosperity and health.

May the citizens of the US never forget the sacrifices you have made and never forget you once you return from foreign soil.

If I can be proud of only one thing as an American citizen, it would be having the men and women of the military risk their lives for me and mine.
randall

Post by randall »

AMEN........the perfect day to write that check to "wounded warrior"...if these young men and women dont make you proud to be an American.....nothing ever will. and like memorial, day today is a day that caren and i take a minute to remember our dads and all they did so i could be here wasting time with you guys

Dug

Post by Dug »

I agree.

And we have the good fortune of having the Worcester Parade march right under my window and in front of our offices in about 20 minutes.

Proud to be an American, and I am grateful for the efforts and sacrifices of our living and past veterans!

Dug
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Thanks to all who have or are currently serving our Country. Speaking of which, has anyone heard from Roland recently?
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Americans are the way we are because somewhere in their background they inherited two specific traits that were genetically passed on to us from them. The first is dissatisfaction. The second is guts. They were dissatisfied with where and how they were living in the land of their birth. The second was having the guts to do something about it despite geographic and language barriers.
Back in the 60's Elia Kazan did a film called "America, America". If you ever get the chance to see or rent it, do it. It revolved around how a young boy escapee from the Turkish-Armenian massacres of 1914 found his way to our country. It might easily have been the story of my Father and my Mother. They came here from that horror. I specifically remember walking out of that theater wondering...oh my God, would I have had the guts to do what they did at their age. I suddenly took on a whole new respect and understanding of why they were the way they were.
I grew up constantly hearing the words "God bless this country, God bless America"...and those were in the bad depression years.
When WWII came, there were no questions about loyalty, and military service was unquestioned. We live the way we do because of the brave men who gave their lives on the beaches of Normandy and the sands of Iwo Jima,
and the millions of men and women who have done so before them as well as those in the field today. To me, today should be a national holiday of much greater importance than it is held today. God bless our veterans, living and dead...and thank you. Walter
Last edited by In Memory Walter K on Nov 11th, '08, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Bruce...

Thanks for your post above. It echos my sentiments exactly.

I only hope that our new administration does not abuse our military the way our last Democrat president did!

God bless our fine men and women who proudly wear the uniforms of our Armed Forces! And may he also bless their families who wait for their speedy return home. "They also serve who sit and wait".
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
randall

Post by randall »

um.....nevermind.....
ScottD

Post by ScottD »

My thoughts exactly Randall.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Randall,
The wounded warrior project is a good place to send some of our money to. I contributed to them just a month ago and if everyone sent them a check for a hundred bucks, it would show our veterans that we really care.
randall

Post by randall »

thanks bruce......the few hours a year i have spent with these guys is so inspiring it really makes me proud that i live in the same country......just amazing guys.......modern science is pretty cool to....mind blowing what these guys can do.