New boat and lots of memories--thanks for Capt Pat

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CaptDana

New boat and lots of memories--thanks for Capt Pat

Post by CaptDana »

Well faithful--
Just as I am wrapping up a complete refit on my1972 28 Bert--I purchased a 1985 10 meter INtl. Trojan Express (33 ft) to replace the 28. I've been looking for a boat with more room (wife and little one on the way- as well as more comfort during inclement weather for all) The 10 meter is immaculate- Freshwater boat-Complete refit with 300 hrs- Awlgrip-motors-new AC--custom teak interior-corian countertops-all new upholstery-and many more updates. The previous owner saved me 100's of hours or work, --and lots of $$$$$(bank repo-owner had put over $45K into this boat between 04'-05')- The 28 has been in my family since 1984. This is my 25th season on the 28 and the last. Our last trip is scheduled for this weekend--and I am going to try to get my dad and close friends/family back out fishing one last time. It has been very sentimental the past 2 weeks since taking ownership of the new boat. As I transfer items from the 28 to the new boat I see every detail and item that has been refurbished/replaced and think of the countless days/nights- all nighters that were put into the 28. When she comes out of the water- the 28 will go into my building- get some last touches and fresh Awlgrip on the decks- I expect to have her on the market a couple weeks after she is on the hard. I want to thank Capt Pat for making this whole process possible. Before this site was around- I started my refurb the old fashioned way-- the knowledge from this site really accelerated the refurb and brought it to a new level.-- One last thing--even after the teary eyed day comes that my 28 B is gone forever- I will still be here playing in the sandbox--(thank god I bought the 25 B project last winter.)
Capt Dana

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3194/296 ... 75.jpg?v=0
Dana Bonney
DRIFTER31

Post by DRIFTER31 »

Pretty boat.....I must say that we had a 28Bert and also a TrojanF36. The Bertram is the one i would rather have between the two for several reasons. one being the hull thickness. I now have a Tiara31 for the same reason as you. More space and wide beam but a Bertram it aint. To each his own. Good luck. troy
Kill Em All ......Let God Sort Em Out
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Good luck with the new boat. I am sure she will serve you very well.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Looks like a real clean boat, best of luck with her!

How is the visibility at the helm in a chop while underway. Always looked like the bow ran high on those boats.
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Those are built right near you in Holland aren't they?