Light socket

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Goodgrief

Light socket

Post by Goodgrief »

Any body know the part number for the Perko light socket in the bow chalk nav. lights. One more thing, I have rebuilt my engines and Trans carbs alt all the stuff, the port engine is burning 17 gph stbd 10. I swaped carbs port to stbd, checked timing idle and advanced, shafts are not bound. What else could it be?
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Are there any differences in the heads, cam or pistons from one engine to another???? Are you sure that the cam timing is correct????

Harry
hb
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Goodgreif,
I couldn't find exact replacement sockets for the bow chock/lights, I went to the local NAPA store and got nearest size spring loaded sockets with pig tail wires, I had to grind the flanges down a little to fit into the hole. I bedded them in with clear silicon, they have be in the boat for 10 years and are still working fine. Used single filament back-up tail light bulbs. Cost about $ 8.00 back then. Can't help with the carb issues I've got throttle body fuel injectors on my 454's.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

If you have counter rotating engines, the firing sequence and your timing mark would be different on your starboard engine. For whatever that's worth. Walter