Bilnd Faith

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

kipp

Bilnd Faith

Post by kipp »

On the advice of a blind man I met over three years ago in a magical place that no longer exists because of a hurricane, I hooked up "Targeted Species" and drove into the heart of Ike's devastation. Went to Salvadore's (whom I'd never met) yard (using the term literally). I pulled into the spray tent(well the poles were still up) previously occupied by "Reel Cowboy". He will do spray rails,painting and some fabricating. Did that instead of using established yards in Ala. Figure if he does close to the job he did for John I'll be happy. Plus, John has promised to keep an eye on the progress for me. Should be an adventure. Will post pictures when I can.
Faithfully,
Kipp
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Kip,
Sucker...Your boat is currently at a chop shop in Mexico. Salvador sold me your electronics for cheap.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Buju

Post by Buju »

Thats funny... "damn the established, reputable yards...lets head into the heart of the devastation, on the advice of a blind guy"
Makes a great story for the Grandkids someday...

I'm sure it'll turn out great like John's did. Even if ya end up with a horn that plays "La Cucaracha" or "Low-Ri-der"... and a painted zinc or two :)
kipp

Post by kipp »

I think I'm OK on the zincs. They are on the E-Tecs and don't need repainting. Unless Salvadore installs a horn or reprograms my music system we won't be dancing to "La Cucaracha". ZZ Top is about as Tex/Mex as coonasses can stand. However,like John we are partial to Mexian beer. We have a Corona cooler for our celebration beers, and Sombreros do make great sun hats.
Adioas Amigos,
Kipp
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Buju,
If you totally coat your zincs in paint, like Salvador did for a little extra money in my case, I might add, then they'll last much longer. Don't you and Mike O. know anything?
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Buju

Post by Buju »

Ya'll are killin' me.

Longevity zincs...thats how you do that huh? who'd a thunk?
Maybe throw a couple coats of a moisture cured urethane on 'em to really prevent any of that sacrificial behavior.

Seriously though, lookin forward to see pics of Targeted Species as she gets all gussied up.
Reminds me, how did "Wet Spot" come out after the Katrina inspired redux? Stan was making her wide open right?