Outdated handheld battery replacements/rebuilds

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

Outdated handheld battery replacements/rebuilds

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Most of us have run into discovering that our batteries on older handhelds are discontinued, or cost as much as a whole new handheld. I have a pair of Icom M-7's with all the accessories that I keep at home for weather etc. and after all these years, the batteries are no longer taking charges. There is no way on these units to use AA or AAA batteries. I took a chance and called Icom and sure enough...no more batteries. The man I spoke to referred me to "Batteries of America" 1-800-308-4805. I called and sure enough they had the batteries and at 1/3 the price of the originals. I was also told that in some cases, batteries can be rebuilt. I pass this on in case any of the Bretheren might need their services. Walter
Glen Snader

Post by Glen Snader »

Walter:

Thank you for that information. I have three radios that are in the same shape. I will give them a call also.

Glen
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Same situation here so I gave it to my grandson. We play "radio", he's got the big handheld; I got the cell phone. Yep, we talk but the calling distance can't be more than 20 feet.
A/K/A El Gaupo