Freight shipping East coast?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Face

Freight shipping East coast?

Post by Face »

Any recommendations of a good shipping company for moving a single pallet (maybe 200 lbs) from Mass to Maryland? Rough idea on price business to business?
-Joe
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Joe,

I've used FedEx Freight on numerous occassions, both incoming & outgoing, and have always be far more satisfied with them as opposed the regular OTR Yellow Freight type carriers. I've found that FedEx's rates are often lower than the common carriers too.

You can get a rate quote online... LTL Quotes

FedEx Freight LTL 250 & over

Br,

Patrick
Carl

Post by Carl »

https://www.freightquote.com/Public/Home/FQ/Home.aspx

For less then a truckload I have been had great success with FrieghtQuote.com

Enter shipping info ( Ship From, Ship To, Weight, Size, When ready for pickup, Class, etc), submit for quote and a handfull of carriers show up with pricing, including Fed EX and UPS in several seconds. Choose your carrier by price and / or delivery time and your pretty much set if you wish to ship. To ship hit the Ship Button then print the Bill of Lading, which is generated by FreightQuote.com and sent to you by fax or E-mail. Thats it done, no calling the the Carrier, Depot, Waiting for responce etc.
Harv

Post by Harv »

CaptPatrick wrote:Joe,

I've used FedEx Freight on numerous occassions, both incoming & outgoing, and have always be far more satisfied with them as opposed the regular OTR Yellow Freight type carriers. I've found that FedEx's rates are often lower than the common carriers too.

You can get a rate quote online... LTL Quotes

FedEx Freight LTL 250 & over

Br,

Patrick
Thanks for recommending my competition..
Fedex Freight is a common carrier. My problems with Fedex was damaged goods upon arrival and I was using the shippers choice. While all carriers can damage goods, I am not claiming any immunity for my companies.

Joe,
My recommendation would be to try New Penn. For the area needed, no one else will get it there for you faster. New Penn is one of the companies owned by our corporation. One thing to bear in mind is that almost all common carriers will charge you a single shipment or minimum for most weights under 500lbs. For the record, I work at Roadway, Which falls under the YRCW family of carriers. You can access the site and get a quote for any of our companies..... http://www.yrcw.com/
Harv
Harv

Post by Harv »

sim wrote:https://www.freightquote.com/Public/Home/FQ/Home.aspx

For less then a truckload I have been had great success with FrieghtQuote.com

Enter shipping info ( Ship From, Ship To, Weight, Size, When ready for pickup, Class, etc), submit for quote and a handfull of carriers show up with pricing, including Fed EX and UPS in several seconds. Choose your carrier by price and / or delivery time and your pretty much set if you wish to ship. To ship hit the Ship Button then print the Bill of Lading, which is generated by FreightQuote.com and sent to you by fax or E-mail. Thats it done, no calling the the Carrier, Depot, Waiting for responce etc.
You'd be surprised with how much freight I get through freightquote.com.
Harv
Carl

Post by Carl »

Harv, I would not really be surprised.
Freightquote has used Roadway on several occasions for my shipments, as well as a fewother carriers that I would never have thought to call.

They (Freightquote) really lose the ball on larger shipments though. Request a quote for several truckloads and they just go to pieces. The website directs the call to a sales associate and it just goes downhill from there.

Harv, that order from Texas we spoke about some time back is still in limbo. The order was placed, just the government lost the funds to pay for them...
Harv

Post by Harv »

sim wrote:
Harv, that order from Texas we spoke about some time back is still in limbo. The order was placed, just the government lost the funds to pay for them...
I'm sure if we went looking for the money in Iraq, we might find it.
Harv
Carl

Post by Carl »

Nah, money made it thru appropriations and got redirected after that.